• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Take A Closer Look At The 2024 Dungeon Master’s Guide

WotC shares video with a deeper dive

Wizards of the Coast has just shared a video delving into the upcoming One D&D Dungeon Master’s Guide, due for release in 2024.

Scroll down to post #4, below, for a more detailed text summary!
  • Chapter 1 -- basic concepts
  • Chapter 2 -- Advice, common issues
  • Chapter 3 -- Rules cyclopedia
  • Chapter 4 -- Adventure building
  • Chapter 5 -- Campaign building
  • Chapter 6 -- Cosmology
  • Chapter 7 -- Magic items
  • Chapter 8 -- 'A surprise'
  • Appendices -- maps, lore glossary

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
The Guide of Dungeon Mastery is a work of lucubratory edification (perforce, as the dissemination and promulgation of scholarly works for the purpose of better referee cognition and aptitude is universally held to be the antithesis of obtuse tomfoolery).
Spot f-ing on! Well played!

And I don’t hate it…Gygax is partially responsible for my rocking GRE vocabulary score ;)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Looking over the chapter structure again, I agree with @Parmandur that the surprise stuff is likely a setting and its map, which would let the campaign construction chapter be its own thing, with references to the fuller setting at the end.

If they intend to release a Forgotten Realms setting book in 2024 alongside these core books, I can see the 2024 DMG including Greyhawk. But without that on-ramp, I think it's more likely to be the Forgotten Realms.

If they wanted to do something smaller and more self-contained, though, they have other throwback options. I don't know how many people would be agitating for it, but Thunder Rift would work great as a freebie setting taking up only one chapter of the DMG. (Sorry, Jakandor.)

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads