• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tale of the Clueless - Chapter 1: On the Seas of Air [IC Thread]

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
[sblock=Drota]When Drahluut comes on deck, you notice his expression turn sour as he sees you. When he sees the two dwarves scanning the horizon, a look of dark surprise overcomes his features for a moment.[/sblock]

Drahluut nods faintly to the crew with him and he makes his way towards your group

Thrumgall points to toward the thrid ship "Looks like we have another another ship following us." He stares intently trying to make out any further details of the ship and if it is gaining on us.

Gli'jar

First Post
"Martyrs said they would take it , 'forcibly, if that is what it takes'. The dreaded emperor they spoke about, removing that only weapon that is a threat to him. Pirates, scourge of the endless blue." Terrathoin strokes his beard as the ideas spring forth from his head and past his ale wetted lips lost as in a waking dream

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
Drahluut steps up to the bridge, four of men behind him, 'Well, someone had to go rattle his bone box. I should have expected it to happen sooner or later. We're going to have some friends join us soon enough. Don't any of you even think of moving a muscle or tyring anything peery. And, master Vor, I'd think twoce of flying over to the other ship - there's a ballista trained on you right now. And I'd hate to see a good spear wasted on a kobold'

OOC: sure enough, the ships' ballista has been turned around and is aimed at Vorastrix. The crew (9, as far as you can see, and Drahluut) on deck are all smirking, and seem to understand what Drahluut is talking about.

Last edited:

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
[sblock=Idim]As you trundle down the narrow corridors of the ship, making your way towards your room, you hear sounds of a struggle in a nearby room. The sounds are quickly followed by a thump and a second or-so later, a dull thud, like a sack of potatoes falling to the ground[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=Nalfeshnee]Startled to alertness, Idim quickly runs to the room. For a moment she considers that perhaps it is something upon which she shouldn't intrude, but quickly dismisses that thought as she heads straight into it.

After all of the strangeness I have already seen, there is no reason to not give this my utmost attention.[/sblock]

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
[sblock=Idim]You run into the room and see something that, given the hospitality and general good-nature of the crew aboard The Sea Breeze, is unexpected and shocking - one of the crew has just beaten up another and is chaining his wrists to an overhead beam, where the man's unconcious body is hanging limply.

OC: the man doing the chaining has not yet spotted you in the doorway[/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
OOC: Vor is still over at the Martyred Justice talking to the elf lookout about the mysterious new ship. See post 305.

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
OOC: :eek: I thought you'd come back. Hmmm... no problem. ignore what was said to you. You do, however spot the ballista trained in your general direction

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads