• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tale of the Clueless - Chapter 1: On the Seas of Air [IC Thread]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=Nalfeshnee]I have no time. If I go to summon the others, this one might get away.

The Sharryan girl quietly draws her rapier, adopts as stern a demeanor as she can, and quitely says, "You have some explaining to do." While trying to look stern and questioning, she is not immediately trying to appear hostile.

[size=-2]OOC: Diplomacy +8; Sense Motive +6[/size][/sblock]

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
Nice little conspiracy you have working here. Moles on both ships, waiting for the right time, and when it came you incapacitate both ships and take the hammer to the enemy. Sound about right Drahluut? We're dead anyway right, you can tell us.

Ambrus

Explorer
OOC: Vor never left because I was waiting for the elf to answer my question. So the crew of the Sea Breeze have visibly loaded and aimed a ballista towards the Martyred Justice? How far apart are the two ships and how far behind is the third?

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
Above Deck, The Sea Breeze

[sblock]Drahluut smiles, as much as his alien features allow him to. 'Something like that, though I am sure you Clueless berks'll come up with some way to stop this. Well, in case you are even thinking such a thing - don't bother. You will do yourselves a lot more good by surrendering and letting all of this happen without so much as peery glance. Who knows, i might even let you go if you comply.

the crew on the deck are already bearing their weapons (crossbows and bladed weapons, mostly), and are standing at the ready, the only thing holding them back the right command.[/sblock]

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
Vor: thats about right. The Martyred Justive and Sea Breeze are about 200 feet apart, while the third ship is moving very quickly (far quicker than these two ships, despite the lack of wind) and is quickly closing the distance... perhaps 500 feet away

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
Below Deck The Sea Breeze

[sblock]The man (a tanned human, wearing little more than a light jerkin and tight trousers) turns around, surprised by the womans' voice. 'I though we was alone,' then, upon seeing the weapon. [/COLOR]'Come on Love, you can put that thing down for a start...'[/color] he says as he reaches for his own rapier[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=Nalfeshnee]"You should not do that unless you think your skill is better than mine," Idim says calmly and winks at the man. "But if you explain yourself, perhaps there will be no need to test. Or... is your reaction to me the only explanation I will have?"[/sblock]

Nalfeshnee

Explorer

[sblock]The man blinks as though he cannot understand quite what you are taking about and draws his weapon.

This begins a combat (unless you decide to flee... unlikely) so go to the combat Thread)[/sblock]

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
Well, you're proceeding from the assumption that we really care about what happens to this old bucket and that hammer. We're just hired help remember Drahluut? Pillage, plunder, do what you do, we won't get in the way. We don't give two gold about what happens so long as we're gettin' paid. I'll just tell the old man we got knocked out before we saw what was comin'; he trusts me he won't ask any more questions. And I'll tell you one thing with Mishakal as my witness: if that old crow Beni thinks 400 gold is enough to justify me taking a blade or an arrow for him and this bucket of bolts he's deluded himself something fierce. What'll 400 gold buy me on my homeworld? Cup of coffee and some chili fries if I'm lucky. Make me a better offer and I'll work for you. I'll even take care of my erstwhile colleagues here if they prove to be less than receptive. Mir puts on her best black dots face and hopes the others follow suit, either by joining her in her supposed change of colors, or by drawing weapons on the "traitor" and creating some confusion to buy time.

Last edited:

Nalfeshnee

Explorer

[sblock]Idim: The sailor slumps to the ground at your feet. Perhaps too easily. Whatever the reason, he is no longer a threat. You are left alone in the room with the unconcious sailor. The corridor outside seems empty... for now.[/sblock]

Remove ads