Tales From The Old Bald One-Eyed Salty Red Dog Tavern! (chapter 1, now closed)

DrZombie

First Post
Gruaams sighs, whipes his sword clean, ehr, cleaner on the tunic of the nearest hobgoblin, opens his helm, puffs on his cigar, and takes a large swill of brandy. He takes a look at tha scroll.

"Let me see that. Hmm."

He contemplates.

"Saving the universe comes first. Then we'll get to lying mages. Lying is, indeed, a sin. We'll punish him. Thoroughly. Possibly using sharp objects. but all in a lawfull way. And we'll punish him GOOD."

OOC : I forgot what I did to that poor hobgoblin. Laughed hard when I read it again. :D

Wystan

Explorer
"Well, that was unpleasant."
I stare off into the tree line studiously ignoring and not looking at the carnage.
"So lets see, We met at a tavern, cleaned the docks, had a bar brawl, insulted a wizard, captured a baslisk, insulted a wizard some more, killed some evil things, insulted a wizard yet again, and now we go seeking an orb that may or may not be guarded by a guy with a melon..... Somehow I feel like the cryer at a play before the second act starts."
I go to take stock of the party and notice that we seem to be down a few...

OOC: who do I see, K and Richard, Gruaam, Me, I know Desert is not around, but is Mr. Sherrif, leader, master , father figure Berzerker Bill around?

DrZombie

First Post
Gruammsh takes a puff from his cigar, and smiles rather viciously: "Except that a cryer at a play seldomly vomits on his own boots.
Allright, you bunch of miscreants, there is evil to be fought, worlds to be saved. But first : DRINKS.
"

Lazlow

First Post
"Come on, boy, let's go do your business, we don't want t- OH, for Pete's sake."

You turn to see that Al has stepped out of the front door, his trusty pet Rocky in tow, evidently time for walkies. He gives you all a disdainful look, followed by an exasperated one. Pinching the bridge of his nose between his eyes, he finally speaks to you:

"Why am I not surprised that you're still here? I knew, I just knew something like this was bound to happen." He looks up again. "So what are you still doing here, 'planning' again? How long is that going to take? And why do you feel the need to do it here, on my front doorstep!?" He seems to be getting a bit agitated now. "I mean, seriously, I move out here to the country to be AWAY from everyone, but somehow everyone always seems to find a way to pester me. If it's not the mayor or the captain it's the mining guild, or more hobgoblins or trolls or who knows what! Why can't you people just leave me alone?!?"
Just as his ranting reaches a crescendo, he pauses... Something's dawned on him, and he doesn't like it, not one bit. Rocky senses his master's anger and starts to growl viciously, although, being mostly blind he's directed his own ire towards a small privet bush nearby the door.

"Were... Were YOU the ones singing out here?" (Um... Is the sky actually darkening above? Or is that just me?) "Something about whales and tails and ale?" (No, I think it's actually darkening, really. Those clouds seem to be moving in fast...)

Al pulls himself up to his full height, which really seems to be a lot taller than you initially thought. It's quite a frightening sight, really.

"WHAT ON EARTH POSSESSED YOU TO START AT ONE MILLION BOTTLES?!?!?"

Wystan

Explorer
I pull down the blindfold (hard to be a firghtening sight when one cannot see it... :)) and draw my sword.
"My good ma...gno...troglodite, We were here, as you assisted us none to well, still trying to decide what was needed as the next step in our journey.

As to the one million, well I decided that proving our superiority to your lack thereof was more important and waiting for you to emerge could take a year or two. Therefore I alone decided that I should entertain us whilst we waited. You will notice that I skipped the entirety of 540,000 to 480,000 as Achen-Arrh Block the accountant god states that they are inauspicious numbers and may have actually hindered our future endeavors.

As Bobo the Clown god always said "May the rubber nose not be full of that which your enemy blows". As I have deemed you to be a blowhard who assists others only as a means of not assisting them, I have decided that it is a small part of my lifes work to annoy you.

If you continue to bluster and threaten with weather effects I will be forced to cause someone to have to remove a few feet of steel from your precious lungs. We hate being toyed with and I for one would glady play 'skewer the troglodite' three times a day for the forseeable future.

As to your 'pet' there, I would suggest that you keep him on a shorter leash or the constabulatory may need to be informed of the menace that you are allowing to roam free over the countryside. Oh wait, we are the constabulatory, so I guess we already know. If I hear one more complaint about your reckless endangerment of sapient life I will be forced to remove the problem and have it destroyed...

NOW HAVE I MADE MYSELF CLEAR?

Waiting on the next move, readying an action to skewer Al. (Please use the needed Intimidate (+4) rolls for me... I am more than ready to infuse his personage with steel)

Last edited:

Gray Shade

First Post
Berserker Bill, having been stunned for several minutes/hours/days/months by all the vomit the elf produced (like a mouse throwing up three full chicken legs, one after another) suddenly looks up from the mess, his arm still raised with a cup of tea in the hand, pinky still in the air.

"YEAH!" he shouts at Al, stepping closer via the throat of a dead goblinoid but kind of slipping on that and then catching himself on Ranti's shoulder. He mutters a curse and a thanks and then offers Ranti his cup of tea. Speaking conspiratorially, he mutters to to the elf, "here, this should help your tummy. I swear I haven't drank fro -- no? Need to kill: rising? Too much of a rage? I understand." He tosses the cup of tea away without looking and it bounces off Richard's helmet without provoking a reaction except a comical "doink!" sound effect.

Glaring back at Al, the Sheriff again screams (spitting probably too much for decent company while doing so), "We'll roast your flesh over a spit made of your bones and desecrate your pet in foul and disturbing ways if you don't bugger off! We had a deal, wizard!" he spits the venomous word.

He then draws his sword and says one last sentence before letting the remaining (perhaps miniscule, depending on who you talk to) bit of intellect bury itself deep, deep, deep . . . deep within him. He shakes then froths violently, like a volcano bursting its top, his head tilted back, literally spewing and spattering some of the most unpleasant-smelling bubbles of enough spittle to make a dragon raise an eyebrow. His limbs shiver and convulse. His tacky, gold chains rattle and even his chest hair seems to quiver with rage.

Before falling into incoherence he manages to scream (crimany, can't he just talk?), "Y'all go ahead and get the orb; I'll hold off the wizard!"

Reeling back a half step, readying for what looks at first to be a powerful charge he roars like a Hill Giant kicked in the nuts and then flings his sword at the wizard. Apparently attempting to kill him in blow.

OOC: Bill will rage and then fling his sword at the wizard. Aiming for the throat. If, and this is unlikely, Al is not killed instantly, he'll charge forward and strangle the life out of him.

There. That outta do it. Now, let's go find that orb!

Wystan

Explorer
OOC: So Gruamsh, K, and me.....

Hmmmm....

Hmmmmm.....

Hmmmmmm......

Okay.....

No clue what to do here.... :)

1, 2, Skip a few , next day hath appearest?

Lazlow

First Post
"What the...?!?" Al mutters as he barely jumps out of the way of the flying sword. "Hey! You coulda hurt someone with that!" Rocky reacts with lightening speed to his master's yelp and viciously uproots the helpless privet bush, shaking it in its mouth like a - well, I was gonna say like a dog maiming a squirrel, but that's really much more gruesome than an ancient, half-blind basilisk gumming a piece of vegetation to death.

Al's eyes grow wide in seeing Berserker Bill in his berserking fury running toward him. Almost without thinking, he points a fist in Bill's direction and blurts out what sounds like "Blurgle!", and a greenish/purplish glow bursts forth from a ring on his fist and envelops Our Lord And Master His Mighty Potentate Berserker "Sheriff" Bill, stopping him in his tracks - and just in time, too, as his (none-too-clean) fingers were mere inches from Al's throat.

A look of pained surprise grips Bill's face like a Mind Flayer on, uh, someone with more intellect than a raging barbarian. He doubles over, gripped by the arcane glow (which is also accompanied by a funky "eeeeOOOOeeeeOOOO" noise (Al explained later that this was merely for effect and served no useful purpose)), and staggers backwards a step or two. He then spins around and tries to take another step, but jerks his body upward instead, as if trying to give his navel a bit more sun. He rocks from side to side, moaning and groaning and grasping at the empty air, like a hairy, dirty street performer in a dance macabre.

(Al, who has no patience for this sort of thing, merely sighs and rolls his free hand in a circular "let's get this moving along" motion.)

Bill's arms finally drop like wet noodles to his sides, and as his head lolls about on his neck, he cranes his head upward and blurts out, "Rrrooooffff.... Fff - izz...", the plentiful spittle that once erupted so mightily from his mouth now merely oozing into his stubble and down his neck (and even a little into his once-venerable chest hair, making it a bit less sproingy).

Al, confused a little bit, glances up at the roof and shrugs. He regains his composure and steps out from behind Bill's now seemingly intellect-less (yet still standing) body. He smooths his ruffled robes down and slicks his hair back into place. "I really didn't want to do that, honestly," he says with just a hint of genuine remorse in his voice, "damn these lightning reflexes!" A gurgling, growling noise catches his ear at that moment and he looks down at his reptilian companion and rolls his eyes. He picks up the leash and gives it a yank or two until Rocky releases the now leafless ex-shrubbery.

"Now I'm sure the rest of you will have better sense than to try something like that, yes?" He waits just a split second before answering that himself. "Yes. As I thought. Don't worry, he's perfectly fine. Well, physically, I mean. Mentally, eh, he'll be out for a while. It depends on the mind..." He looks at Bill and gives a "meh" shrug of his shoulders that doesn't exactly fill you full of hope. "He could be out for hours, days, weeks, months... Who knows? His intellect might even bubble up to the surface every now and then just to become buried again. But, in the long run, he'll come around... Probably... Anyway. You have all the info I've given you, and you still have the majority of your party intact. I suggest you go ahead and embark on this quest of yours, while the gettin's good, as they say. And take... This... Along with you, if you would be so kind," he adds, gesturing at Bill's still-drooling husk of a body.

He stands there waiting for you all to stir, but is momentarily met by only your silence, and your own surprised faces, jaws agape in astonishment.

He sighs. "Come come now, it's not all that bad..." He glances toward Bill, and does a double-take as he notices more drool cascading in gleaming rivulets down his chin. "Well... Alright. Maybe it is." He thinks for a quick moment, and something dawns on him. He raises a pointed finger and exclaims, "Ah! Here. Have a monkey."

With another of his trademark *POOF*'s a very confused but very cute little rhesus monkey appears on Bill's shoulder. It is dressed in an adorable little embroidered red velvet vest with matching hat. It chitters and chatters for a second as it gains its bearings.

"I'd call it a helper monkey, but it never helped me, that's for sure," Al says, that last bit trailing off into an under-breath muttering. "Now. I do believe you're in a position to start a new chapter in your adventuring. So, I bid you luck, fair weather, and adieu. Please hesitate to bother me again."

And with a final *POOF*...

You find yourselves standing outside the front door of The Old Bald One-Eyed Salty Red Dog Tavern.

Remove ads