• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tales From The Old Bald One-Eyed Salty Red Dog Tavern! (chapter 1, now closed)

Lazlow

First Post
Desert takes a sliding step forward, punching at His midriff, but His reflexes are quick - or are they? Like lightning, Desert unleashes another blow, grabbing His lower jaw and ripping His head, spine attached, out through the neck! Blood spurts everywhere, and the remains of His limbs and body drops lifeless to the ground in front of the kung-fu master, who holds the disembodied head and spine aloft.

"FLAWLESS VICTORY..." Al comments.

Berserker Bill unleashes yet another pair of throwing axes, both of which unerringly find their mark, "hamstringing" Joel so well that it doesn't look like he'll go anywhere ever again. The last raider collapses in a heap and is still.

<CLAP... CLAP... CLAP...>

"Oh, bravo. Well done, yes indeed. It's been so long since I've seen a decent skirmish - usually a couple of well-placed fireballs take them out rather quickly. Thank you kindly for the show."

The door to Al's house opens, and he motions to you all. "Please... Come in. I believe I do have something you'd be interested in."

Gray Shade

First Post
Without losing a beat, Bill, turns around, goes back outside, picks up Ranti, and carries him in. Again, giving Al the ol' squinty-eye and bottom lip.

Assuming Al shuts the door at some point, Bill will try to wake up Ranti then.

LogicsFate

First Post
Lazlow said:
Desert unleashes another blow, grabbing His lower jaw and ripping His head, spine attached, out through the neck! Blood spurts everywhere, and the remains of His limbs and body drops lifeless to the ground in front of the kung-fu master, who holds the disembodied head and spine aloft.

K gasps in shock and appalledness "Ahw, Ahw, That's not right! Now the body is useless." She gets over it quickly "Come on Richard" she heads toward Al's place

Wystan

Explorer
Gray Shade said:
Without losing a beat, Bill, turns around, goes back outside, picks up Ranti, and carries him in. Again, giving Al the ol' squinty-eye and bottom lip.

Assuming Al shuts the door at some point, Bill will try to wake up Ranti then.

I moan a bit "...owmom, itstooearlytogetup..."

If S.M.H.M.Y.H.B. Bill continues I will proceed to awake, look at my leg and let out a blood curdling yelp....

Then I will look away, pointedly ignoring my leg and say:
"That was not nice, not nice at all. I think Mr. Al that you should clean up that mess outside and offer to assist in the redress and recompense for the wounds that we suffered. We did the dirty work for you and the least you could do would be to right the wrong that you perpetrated on us. Or to put it in small words, HEAL MY LEG."

Gray Shade

First Post
Bill gives Ranti's wounded leg a few friendly, if absent-minded, sharp pats as he stands up. "Yes, the brave elf is right. Some of my deputies have been injured in that fight." He doesn't seem to have noticed the arrow sticking out of his own leg. When he does, his expression turns to that of a father who sees his child pulling the cat's tail again. He rolls his eyes and yanks the arrow out, tossing it aside.

Lazlow

First Post
"Well, you did save me the trouble of having to mop all that up myself. Which is becoming increasingly aggravating, I must say. So for that, I am grateful." He reaches over and tugs on a long, ornately braided rope of gold and red cloth that hung against the wall, and you hear a faint <BONG, BONG> coming from another part of the house. Al frowns a bit and yanks on the cord again with a bit more gusto. Immediately afterward, a small, vaguely humanoid creature-like thing falls down from the top of the rope and lands at Al's feet with a thud. It recovers quickly and hops up onto its feet, bringing it to its full height of nearly two feet. Its pale skin is covered by neither clothing nor hair, yet neither it nor Al seem to care.

"Ah, there you are. Please, fetch these nice people some Mareseydotes tea. Bring it to the sitting room." Al dismisses it with a wave of his hand. "Off you go." The creature bows once and rolls end over end, somersaulting its way down the hall and disappears.

"Now, if you'll follow me?"

Al makes his way a short distance down the hall and into a comfortable, well-appointed room. A large stone fireplace dominates the far side of the room, in front of which a pair of couches are arranged, along with a large ornate and overstuffed armchair; a low table is situated in the center of this seating area. The remaining walls are lined with shelves from floor to ceiling, upon which are all manner of trinkets, ornaments, knick-knacks, and gewgaws. Thickly padded and intricately woven carpets cover nearly the entire floor, in stark contrast to the cold stone of the hallway.

"Please, have a seat," Al says as he sits in the large armchair. "Make yourselves comfortable. Ah, but do please try to mind the blood, there," he adds quickly as Ranti hobbles into the room. "The tea won't be but a moment."

Once you've all sat down, he asks, "Now. What can I do for you?"

Wystan

Explorer
OOC: I mind the blood, I mind to get it on every surface possible. I try my best to be clumsy. I use tumble rolls if needed (untrained of course)... :)

"Sorry about the blood, but I appear to have gotten wounded in a battle that was not needed. I hate to kill those that do not need to be killed. Now I have no such qualms about those that would use me unfairly and against my better judgement. I could have been seriously hurt, not to mention those that are less skilled at the art of killing than I am. I think you owe us more than just a simple apology and some doesydotes tea. I think we are due a reward commensurate with the trouble that you just put us through. I would hate to have to inform the clergy of 'Gar'goyle' that you are using his countenance as a means of spying on others. His portfolio includes waterspouts and horrible messy death due to a sudden infusion of concrete. I also feel that we should be given the information we seek posthaste and do not try to cheat us as we are skilled in the ways of filleting those that use the countenance of 'Gar'goyle' in vain."

OOC: I will be away for the next week or so visiting family.

Last edited:

Gray Shade

First Post
Berserker Bill, unused to hearing Ranti intimidate, smiles broadly and jerks his thumb at the elf. "What he said," he tells Al.

OOC: Have fun, Wystan! :)

Remove ads