• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tell me what you think...New Campaign...Monktastic?

Reln

First Post
I’m going to be starting a new campaign in a few weeks as our other DM winds his to a stopping point. My plan so far is still in its conceptual phase. I like the Scared Lands setting but am still reading up on it to get familiar enough to run in that world. I want to start at a low starting level 4th being the absolute highest and 1st or 2nd being preferable. The party will consist of 4 players who are all members of a monistic order, yes all monks. Using the Quintessential Monk form Mongoose this should make for a very interesting group. I want to keep the magic level low and will be using the Grim & Gritty combat rules. Now as for adventure, how well are the Scared Lands’ modules written, and what would be a good one to start with? Also what do you think about using Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil in Scared Lands, would it fit well in the world?

Any in put would be much appreciated.

PS I'm looking for a good balance between Hack and Slash and plot and puzzles.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
That's an interesting concept, the all Monk group. Quint Monk is a great book and I do think it'll allow for some very interesting character.

Remove ads