Terra Subterranea and The Caverns of Lost Time

Erekose13

Explorer
Eternity wakes to Zack's shout raising a force screen almost instinctively.

ooc: provided of course that there are no rolls required to wake, though with an Autohypnosis of +13 that might help.

zzzzzzz

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Oh, I forgot to mention that in my last post and I really really meant to mention it, but I'm an idiot!)

*Zack's words are totally and completely lost in the roaring of the blizzard. There is no way that even the sharpest-eared of elves could hear him over the much louder and incessant background noise. In fact, that must be why the creature could have even gotten as close as it did before the sounds of its movements were audible to Zack.*

(OOC: Zack would need to spend a round to get all the way back inside where it would be easy to hear, especially since you do get a -10 to Listen checks while sleeping.

Also, he can't take a 5-foot-step like he wanted because everywhere around him is in rough terrain)

Xael

First Post
Ducane swings his sword at the creature while starting to move towards the cave. He shouts to Zack: "Let's go back!"

OOC: Using Chain of Personal Superiority (+2 Str & Con), dodge (+1 ac), and spring attack to move 5 ft towards or around the creature, hit the creature and then move towards the cave. Shout to wake others up if he gets close enough.

If that's not possible, Ducane uses just uses spring attack to move to a flanking position.

(Power attack 2) Attack +9 (1d10+10), 19-20/x2. AC 17, HP temporarily 65 / 65, movement 40 ft.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Ducane moves forward through the snow to the creature and slashes with his sword with great power and reckless abandon. However, because of this, his attack just barely deflects harmlessly off the creature's thick hide. He then retreats the same distance he advanced and moves back partway to the cave, evading any possible counterattack with the sudden motion of his attack, forward and away in an instant.*

(OOC: Advance 5 feet (costs 10), attack misses because of Power Attack, retreat 15 feet (costs 30) towards the cave, so now in total he's 10 feet further back than before)

*The creature attacks again, a lumbering blow that should have no chance to hit a seasoned combat veteran but still manages to connect and knock Zack off his feet, unconscious.*

(OOC: Zack has 15 AC (13 in Rage) at level 7? Yikes! I guess full Power Attack until it misses for this monster is less of a stupid dumb-monster tactic than I thought. Anyway, 33 Damage, so he's at -6.

Ducane's turn)

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
OOC: AC 15???? Why Duncane is not traveling in a mithral full plate (which is a medium armor) or don't have a ring of protection or amulet of natural armor... I just took a closer look at your sheet, and you seems to have 6000 gp in stock.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Velmont said:
OOC: AC 15???? Why Duncane is not traveling in a mithral full plate (which is a medium armor) or don't have a ring of protection or amulet of natural armor... I just took a closer look at your sheet, and you seems to have 6000 gp in stock.
(OOC: I just don't know. Or at least a +1 enhancement on the armour. That's only like 1000 GP)

Remove ads