Tharivious's Rant About Annoyances

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

It doesn't bother me that people are criticizing my rant. If you'll recall, I stated in the thread starter that I welcomed all opinions, regardless whether or not they agreed with mine. My point was for those who dislike the negativity but make comments about how much they dislike it, that just adds to the negativity that they claim to detest so much. I'd be a hypocrite if I went around telling people not to vent their views. But I will also defend my views when they are brought into question.

As for posting a rant like this on a public forum. Of course, one can just rant in their heads, but that doesn't do any good in the long run. That's just a way for more anger about the issues to build. Letting anger fester doesn't solve anything, and admittedly, venting on a public forum alone doesn't either. But venting in public can open up dialog between people that have issues, and through discussions of such things, solutions can be reached.

Nevine

First Post
Originally posted by Tharivious_Meliamne
My point was for those who dislike the negativity but make comments about how much they dislike it, that just adds to the negativity that they claim to detest so much.

I guess they should just stay quiet and hope everyone reads their mind..

Of course, one can just rant in their heads, but that doesn't do any good in the long run. That's just a way for more anger about the issues to build.

I might have to question the person who has anger issues about Person_01 who won't take hits in comabt. :rolleyes:

But venting in public can open up dialog between people that have issues, and through discussions of such things, solutions can be reached.

I'd like to see one of these threads. This one only got people angry, hurt feelings and the end result of "just letting it go".

Anyway..I'll stop posting on this thread and hopefully it'll drop down into the depths where it belongs.

Nugan

First Post
I'm going to hedge my words very carefully to avoid disturbing something that is already on the verge of exploding:

Mel wrote this rant awhile ago. He was angry at the times and perhaps he misspoke or whatever. Maybe this rant was even a mistake, but its over.

Mel has since then talke with the people involved and everything has been sorted out. That's why there were no further replies to this for sme time. The main issue of concern was dead and over with. I think this thread should go the same way.

Let's not turn one narrowly adverted war into a full-fledged one.

Please, the first step to escaping negativity would be for everyone to step back, take some deep breaths, and not let this thread become a fight.

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

I'm not saying that people shouldn't say what's on their minds, only pointing out an irony.

I wasn't referring to only the topics of my rant, but to rants in general. I don't have anger issues about these things, but there are people who get annoyed by things to the point of anger. Hence my wording.

True, this thread did make people angry and all that you said, but you also weren't present when those matters were discussed off of the boards, and I believe that conversation did clear things up.

But honestly, I'm done defending my points of view on this one, because I'm typing in circles at this point. I've restated the same thing over and over again, and I'm not going to type it again.

/end rant

Feel free to lock this thread, or not, either way, I'm done.

~ Tharivious Meliamne's player

(( Edit: This was being written while Nugan posted his response, oh well. ))

L

Lace

Just one word

*wanders past the boards giggling....thinking of jes one little word*

Anyways!!!

Remove ads