That old "Which Superpower" question

Which single superpower would you choose?

• Flight

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Strength

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Invisibility

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Invulnerability

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • Energy Blasts

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Speed

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Teleportation

Votes: 28 17.8%
  • Telepathy

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Telekinisis

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • Teleportation

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Shape Change

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Intangibility

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Agility

• Webslinging

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mind Control

Votes: 21 13.4%
  • Elasticity

• Animal Communication

• Super Senses

• Sixth Sense

• Other (please specify)

Votes: 9 5.7%

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Shapeshifting is there, Pielorinho.

It worries me that Mind Control is so popular. I find the idea pretty icky!

For me, it's not about "which power would make me the most powerful?", it's about "which power would be the most useful/fun to me?"

Arnwyn

First Post
Teleportation, without a doubt. Telepor-fricken-tation.

No more commuting! No more travel time! Sleep late, and still make it into the office whenever I want (or have my own "instantly there" courier business - for crazy-expensive prices!). No airline fares. No traffic snarls. No hotels (can teleport home to my own bed).

Teleportation all the way, baby.

Mercule

Adventurer
Morrus said:
It worries me that Mind Control is so popular. I find the idea pretty icky!
Likewise. Then again, I'm pretty much an anarch so control, in general, wigs me out. :)

It's a close call, but I'd choose Invulnerability (with the $500 upgrade to include mental invulnerability, since Mind Control seems to be a hot commodity). I've got a near phobia about doctors and losing bits-o-Mercule, etc., so Invulnerability would be really comforting. Really, Invulnerability is the ultimate 'cocky' power -- which suits me well.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Morrus said:
Shapeshifting is there, Pielorinho.
Oh, I know -- in fact, after I punched "Flight: Submit!" like a spaz and was watching the poll result page load, I noticed Shape Change. I was just too quick on the draw. :)

A long time ago, in an I Love Television column in Seattle's weekly alt-paper The Stranger, there was a bit of first-date advice: ask your date whether they'd rather have invisibility or flight. If your date says "invisibility," kick their ass to the curb: people who choose invisibility are the kind of people who look in your medicine cabinet when they come over to your house. They're sneaky, underhanded, and not to be trusted. People who choose flight are the good folks. I tend to agree.

Awhile ago I was playing some game with some friends (scruples, maybe? I can't remember how the game worked). A question came up: if you woke up invisible, where's the first place you'd go?

One player, ickily and surprisingly (considering his wife was also playing), wrote down, "The girl's locker room." A good friend of mine answered, "to a friend's house." I answered, "to Ireland."

Why to a friend's house? Because if you suddenly turn invisible, you'd probably want to talk with someone about it and figure out what was going on. Why Ireland? Well, I've always wanted to go to Ireland.

Daniel

Wolf72

Explorer
WizarDru said:
I don't want to be unstoppable, I want to FLY. Soaring over the ground, through the clouds, around buildings? Yeah, that's what power I'd like. Invulnerability'd be nice, too.

word up WD!

Frostmarrow

First Post
I chose telekinesis. I don't know why but I've always been fascinated with mind over matter stuff. I think what might have sparked this interest was Luke Skywalker hanging upside down in an icecave. He tries for the first time to use the force to pick up his light sabre buried in the snow below. Too cool.

Hopefully the power is strong enough to allow me to lift myself into the air - because flight is my second choice.

Last edited:

Remove ads