• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

That old "Which Superpower" question

Which single superpower would you choose?

• Flight

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Strength

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Invisibility

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Invulnerability

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • Energy Blasts

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Speed

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Teleportation

Votes: 28 17.8%
  • Telepathy

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Telekinisis

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • Teleportation

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Shape Change

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Intangibility

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Agility

• Webslinging

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mind Control

Votes: 21 13.4%
  • Elasticity

• Animal Communication

• Super Senses

• Sixth Sense

• Other (please specify)

Votes: 9 5.7%

Flight. A close second is teleportation, but I've always been of the mindset that while going places is important, the journey is the best part. And what better way to go than to fly?

GreyShadow

Explorer
I'd like probability control.

The odds that I would win lotto and fly to the moon are very good. :)

Oh, and my boss would give me a long paid vacation. :D

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
Tarrasque Wrangler said:
I'm actually surprised that no one's picked Animal Communication. Who hasn't wanted to know what their dog is thinking?
But I already know what my cats are thinking. "Feed me daddy I'm dieing!"

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Woo! First person to choose "Super Agility." I dunno, I like Flight and all, but I don't quite understand the obsession of it. I bet Freud would have a field day with it though :p

I'd love to be Super Agile because I'm not really that agile to begin with. In fact, I'd say I'm straddling the clumsy fence. Plus my hand-eye coordination isn't that great (mostly because of poor depth perception), so consider my choice a blatant example of overcompensating.

Plus, Super Agility is pretty broad, and there are a lot of cool things that it would probably incorporate: lightning-quick reflexes, unmatched mobility, wall-jumping, impeccable balance, timing, accuracy, etc.

If I had these, I'd pump some iron, grab a katana, and start going Kill-Bill on every crook, criminal, and villian mastermind in town.

Ferret

Explorer
I looked carefully, and decided on Super senses. Why? Ever wanted to be acutely aware of you surrounds? Forget flying or mind control. You won't need them, see the person in the dark, smell his deoderant. Everything.

Particle_Man

Explorer
Ferret said:
I looked carefully, and decided on Super senses. Why? Ever wanted to be acutely aware of you surrounds? Forget flying or mind control. You won't need them, see the person in the dark, smell his deoderant. Everything.

That may not be a selling point for this power. Some people don't use deoderant. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I liked Super Agility. In GURPS it is pretty easy just to pour hundreds of points into Dexterity to get something like it, but the critical hit rules can be painful for this guy in that system.

Ferret said:
Pfft...shapechange can do all that. :)

Trainz

Explorer
I voted on the poll with a "if it was a power I had in today's world" approach.

Sure, I'd love to teleport, fly, mind control and all that. But it wouldn't take long before some government agency aproaches me and say "You're purty powerful there suh. How about coming to work for the agency... no ? (screws on silencer on pistol) damn shame suh... damn shame... *pfft* *pfft* we had such high hopes for that kid...".

So I picked invulnerability, because almost all other powers would get me killed anyways... especially powers like mind control and incorporeality (quite obvious in the X-Men movies/comics with Kitty Pride "THEY HAVE A GIRL THAT CAN WALK THROUGH WALLS !" and Magneto).

Now if I'm invulnerable, I can just go convince the bad guys to stop being bad, without necessarily killing them. Threatening, for sure, but give the alternative "You change or die".

Hey, that'd be my alter-ego... The Alternative.

Particle_Man

Explorer
Trainz said:
I voted on the poll with a "if it was a power I had in today's world" approach.

Sure, I'd love to teleport, fly, mind control and all that. But it wouldn't take long before some government agency aproaches me and say "You're purty powerful there suh. How about coming to work for the agency... no ? (screws on silencer on pistol) damn shame suh... damn shame... *pfft* *pfft* we had such high hopes for that kid...".

So I picked invulnerability, because almost all other powers would get me killed anyways.

I think that if a gov't would kill you for the other powers, they could certainly capture/imprison you if they were worried about your invulnerability.

But with 6th Sense, at least you could see them coming and avoid them before they get anywhere close to harming you.

I am a 6th Sense Pimp! And a 6th Sense Pimp am I! :) :) :)

Remove ads