• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

That old "Which Superpower" question

Which single superpower would you choose?

• Flight

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Strength

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Invisibility

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Invulnerability

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • Energy Blasts

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Speed

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Teleportation

Votes: 28 17.8%
  • Telepathy

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Telekinisis

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • Teleportation

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Shape Change

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Intangibility

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Agility

• Webslinging

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mind Control

Votes: 21 13.4%
  • Elasticity

• Animal Communication

• Super Senses

• Sixth Sense

• Other (please specify)

Votes: 9 5.7%

PieAndDragon

Duncan T
Teleportation. No time travelling to work, go places all over. Shopping in Tokyo, then lazing in Portugal, before tea with the folks and a night out in Vegas.
Would have to watch out for time-zones though. And also risk of growing very fat. Why walk to the lounge when you can teleport there. :)

Ferret

Explorer
Pielorinho said:
First, for a man of my persuasion, it'd be Lois, not Louis. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Second, Shapechange, baby. The tentacles would be gone before she knew it.

And third, my wife knew long before we got married about my desire for a prehensile tail; this is only one step removed. :)

Daniel

My bad on the spelling, on the second: Yeah maybe! and the Third thats so cool.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Tarrasque Wrangler said:
First time you gotta fly somewhere in the rain you're going to wish you'd asked for teleportation, am I right?
:D
Naw; I'm just going to fly above the clouds.

And I just want to thank ElMorte for letting me know there is no such thing as mind control, and I want to ask him if there's anything else he as my undying master wishes of me.

Daniel

ElMorte

Explorer
Pielorinho said:
And I just want to thank ElMorte for letting me know there is no such thing as mind control, and I want to ask him if there's anything else he as my undying master wishes of me.

Daniel

Nothing, thank you.

And i am not undying. Don't have that power. *g*

Kalanyr

Explorer
drnuncheon said:
I picked invulnerability, even though I've never been in a situation where I would have needed it. Just seems like a darn useful power to have when you do need it, though. Mind Control ain't gonna do squat when a drunk driver loses control and blindsides you, fr'ex.

That said, the other power that would be quite attractive would be super-intellect. I'm talking Reed Richards-level ability to make wacky machines that violate all known laws of physics. Talk about a power that's undervalued in the comics...

J
Sign me up for Super-Intellect too, quiet possible to make it subtle to and avoid all the secret service hassle, and even if you don't you can out think them any way.

As a close second I'll take Immunity to Mind Control, these people are scaring me.

Fast Learner

First Post
I chose Teleportation (#2, not seeing #1).

Here's the thing:

1. As already mentioned, instant courier service would make a ton of money, nice and sweet.

2. Instant movement of food and vaccines into the 3rd world could save more lives than just about any superpower. The possibilities are amazing.

3. As mentioned, the travel possibilities are simply stunning. The things you could learn are nearly unlimited, the things you could see moreso. I'd love to stand on the top of a spire in Monument Valley, or at the summit of Everest, or next to the reflecting pool of the Taj Mahal, or....

Teleportation is winning by a large margin, which is no great surprise.

Remove ads