That old "Which Superpower" question

Which single superpower would you choose?

• Flight

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Strength

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Invisibility

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Invulnerability

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • Energy Blasts

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Speed

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Teleportation

Votes: 28 17.8%
  • Telepathy

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Telekinisis

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • Teleportation

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Shape Change

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Intangibility

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Agility

• Webslinging

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mind Control

Votes: 21 13.4%
  • Elasticity

• Animal Communication

• Super Senses

• Sixth Sense

• Other (please specify)

Votes: 9 5.7%

spider_minion

First Post
I voted other. I want time control, since I'm a munchkin.

First I'd do the obvious stuff. I'd win the lottery once or twice, see who'd win the election (could be depressing, however), that sorta minor thing. Then I'd probably go into the future, to see what crazy tech was available. With all my lotto money and artifacts from another age, I'd buy me a Super Mech. With the mech, I'd see the begining and end of time. Next, once I'm through with toying around with the power, me and the Super Mech would go and stop crimes and other bad things before they happened. I'd leave before the Feds arrived, or laugh at them as their puny bullets bounce off the super alloy. Finally, after doing all this stuff for a while and getting bored, I'd start fiddling around with history, just to see what happened. Capture John Wilks Booth or Hitler . . . man, that would never get boring.

Morrus said:
And invulnerability has another problem - if you can't die, you'll outlive the human race. In fact, you'll outlive the earth itself - one day you'll be floating alone in space. For ever.

Not a pretty thought!

That actually sounds kinda cool. :)

On second thought, the earth will probably be destroyed by the sun growing into a red giant and enveloping this planet of ours. Then you'd get pulled into the center until it finally went supernova. That would be really boring until the end.

Last edited:

Fast Learner

First Post
spider_minion said:
With all my lotto money and artifacts from another age, I'd buy me a Super Mech.
Bad news: the world actually ends in one year, as a huge asteroid strikes and wipes out all life on the planet.

You'd either end up living in the past, or like me you'd spend all your time taking technology back in time in order to try to advance science faster, with the goal of creating anti-asteroid technology by 2005.

Unfortunately you'd spend most of your time experiencing the thermonuclear destruction of the planet as social evolution was too far behind technical advancements.

So then you'd spend a ton of time trying to move social evolution forward faster, redistributing philosophy to more ideal points, with lots of endings where we abandon all technology to save the other life on the planet, but none where the asteroid is actually stopped.

After that you'd have so many timelines with you in them, meddling here and there, that you'd be eventually be unable to really affect anything due to the chaotic past.

You'd end up either sticking with a sucky past with no decent technology and poor personal hygeine or, like me, in some incredibly screwed up future (pre-asteroid) that you couldn't do anything about.

And nobody would believe your warnings about the asteroid.

Time control sucks.

(Take it from someone with experience.)

ConnorSB

First Post
[edit]I voted Other: [/edit]None. I don't think I could handle the responsiblity involved.

I'm the kind of person, if I had any of those powers, I could only use them to help others. I'd get really angry at myself and be really questioning if I ever missued them. And the temptation to missuse that much power (including simply hoarding it) scares me.

I think about wanting teleportation, so i could see my girlfriend (who lives on the other side of the country), well, tonight. But then I think about how selfish of me that would be, and how I should be using it to teleport people out of danger, intercept bad guys, etc. And then I think about the vigilante urge going to my head, and feeling the need to turn myself in for the times I went to far. And putting the burden of keeping such a loose cannon (even if I am not actually loose, I just have the massive potential to be) away from those I could hurt (or help), putting that burden onto other people is something I dont think I could do.

And I just couldn't deal with that. I think just surviving my own life and being able to sleep at night, loving the good moments and working through the bad ones, thats "super" enough for me.

Last edited:

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Telepathy.

I didn't pursue a criminal law career because of the risk of putting the innocent in prison, or letting the guilty go free. If I knew what happened for sure, I could return to it and do a lot of good.

spider_minion

First Post
Fast Learner said:
Bad news: the world actually ends in one year, as a huge asteroid strikes and wipes out all life on the planet.

Guess I'm not gonna have time to finish college. I'll go back in time to prehistory, call myself Uglug the Cave Lord, and teach everyone how to play D&D. If I can't save the world, it will at least be a more amusing place.

Remove ads