• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

That old "Which Superpower" question

Which single superpower would you choose?

• Flight

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Strength

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Invisibility

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Invulnerability

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • Energy Blasts

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Speed

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Teleportation

Votes: 28 17.8%
  • Telepathy

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Telekinisis

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • Teleportation

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Shape Change

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Intangibility

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Agility

• Webslinging

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mind Control

Votes: 21 13.4%
  • Elasticity

• Animal Communication

• Super Senses

• Sixth Sense

• Other (please specify)

Votes: 9 5.7%

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Ferret said:
Try to explain those tentacles to your 'louis lane'. Of course she might like them....
First, for a man of my persuasion, it'd be Lois, not Louis. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Second, Shapechange, baby. The tentacles would be gone before she knew it.

And third, my wife knew long before we got married about my desire for a prehensile tail; this is only one step removed. :)

Daniel

drnuncheon

Explorer
I picked invulnerability, even though I've never been in a situation where I would have needed it. Just seems like a darn useful power to have when you do need it, though. Mind Control ain't gonna do squat when a drunk driver loses control and blindsides you, fr'ex.

That said, the other power that would be quite attractive would be super-intellect. I'm talking Reed Richards-level ability to make wacky machines that violate all known laws of physics. Talk about a power that's undervalued in the comics...

J

Blue_Kryptonite

First Post
I want X-Ray Vision.

In New York State, you can cash in a 600 dollar lottery ticket with no ID at the register.

Scratch-off Lottery machines + X-Ray Vision.

Trainz

Explorer
Dr. Anomalous said:
I want X-Ray Vision.

In New York State, you can cash in a 600 dollar lottery ticket with no ID at the register.

Doesn't that grey substance contain lead for just that purpose ? Lead blocks X-Rays.

Sorry...

Now there are many other instances where X-rays could be useful. Many.

GreyShadow

Explorer
Dr. Anomalous said:
I want X-Ray Vision.

I think my probability control is better. It's 100% certain the next 10 tickets are all winning tickets.

Cthulhu's Librarian said:
Flight. A close second is teleportation, but I've always been of the mindset that while going places is important, the journey is the best part. And what better way to go than to fly?
First time you gotta fly somewhere in the rain you're going to wish you'd asked for teleportation, am I right?
:D

Tarrasque Wrangler said:
First time you gotta fly somewhere in the rain you're going to wish you'd asked for teleportation, am I right?
:D

No, actually, not at all. I love storms. I wouldn't be stupid enough to fly in a hurricane, or a lightning storm, but I'd love to fly in a nice rainstorm.

Of course, speed is also a factor. Flying at walking speed would be a little sad, but still fun.

. . . and God, all you mind control people still freak the hell out of me. That power is one of the most evil things I could imagine.

ElMorte

Explorer
RangerWickett said:
. . . and God, all you mind control people still freak the hell out of me. That power is one of the most evil things I could imagine.

*waves hand*

There is no such thing as Mind Control.

Remove ads