The Arena (OOC)

I probably will regret this (due to spreading myself out a bit) but I'm willing to join.

Level 10 sounds perfect, not too high as to get crazy, but not too low to die really quickly.

Btw, about looting, I would suggest one item from the loser and a search check to see what's readily apparent for looting, and also only the DM would have our char stats for fairness-that way you can't identify exactly what your opponent has.

Also I suggest to ban the leadership feat, otherwise it would be unfair to those without it.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Sollir Furryfoot said:
I probably will regret this (due to spreading myself out a bit) but I'm willing to join.

Level 10 sounds perfect, not too high as to get crazy, but not too low to die really quickly.

Btw, about looting, I would suggest one item from the loser and a search check to see what's readily apparent for looting, and also only the DM would have our char stats for fairness-that way you can't identify exactly what your opponent has.

Also I suggest to ban the leadership feat, otherwise it would be unfair to those without it.

[hijack]Sollir!! Are you still playing in my Supers game? I haven't seen you in a long time there, and we're just getting under way.[/hijack]

Last edited:

Corlon

First Post
garyh said:

[hijack]Sollir!! Are you still playing in my Supers game? I haven't seen you in a long time there, and we're just getting under way.[/hijack]

Sollir: Are you still in my metropolis game? You kinda dissapeared, I might be able to put you in if you go really fast.

But back to the arena game.

GWolf

First Post
Can we please Use Oriental Adventures and AEGs Rokugan. I am amkign a martial artist, and these books would be a great assest.

Jemal

Adventurer
Interested :
Starman
GWolf
Corlon
Electric-Ant
Sollir
Rino
Dalamar
Wippit Guud
Keia
Kitana and GaryH - Were you just here to comment or did you want to play?

OK, I think I'm gonna set that as the limit for now. If neither Kitana or Gary are playing I'll allow 1 more person, but we're basically full. Remember that you won't always be fighting, and in fact with this amount of people there may be days at a time (RL) between your battles.

Remember there is only 1 storyline from the DM.. the search for power via the Battlegrounds. Anything else you'll be setting up yourself.
Outside of the Battlegrounds you're on your own, just post what you do/say and work it out amongst yourselves. I'll only post Battleground stuff and NPC reactions, so you'll have to drive the out-of-battle stuff.
Everyone has a

now onto questions :
lvl : OK, 10 it is.
Consumable Magics : As I said, anything that is used or happens inside the battleground is done with. If you want to replenish supplies you'll have to buy more from The Store, either with money you earn or still have.
Looting : This is highly frowned upon by the Greater Beings, and if they see you doing it they'll probably become angry. I wouldn't suggest it unless you're certain you can hide if from their god-like perceptions.
Psionics : Sorry, but no. I don't have any of the books and don't know too much about I, so I'm not allowing it for now.
Leadership : I don't see anything unfair.. The only time it would matter much would be if the character happened to be lucky enough to get into a FFA with their Cohort.
Speaking of Cohorts - That's assuming you can convince one of the NPCs (In Character, After the game starts) to BE your Cohort... You all just arrived the day before the game starts, so you don't have cohorts with you, and there are no NPC classes so you won't be having Followers.
Plus don't forget your Cohort will be having battles as well, and loosing/gaining stuff.
If after all those restrictions you STILL want Leadership, then go ahead.

Books : As I said in my first post:
Anything else is a 'maybe', ask for it and I'll think about it.
Which means... exactly what it says. "Ask for it and I'll think about it."
Now, onto specific books:
Book of Eldritch Might : Never actually heard of that.. E-mail me some examples of stuff you'ld want, and we'll see.
Oriental Adventures : Sure.
AEGs Rokugan : Same as the book of Eldritch Might.

KitanaVorr

First Post
Okay

You got me. I will join this game and it will be the last one I join in a long while so I don't over extend myself because I'm already starting to feel it.

Pure Fighter, Level 15, do we have to be good? or can we be evil?

reapersaurus

First Post
geez!
6 hours and full? Is that a new record? LOL

I'd LOVE to join, and have been hoping for something like this in the IC forum for a long time.
drs and me and a couple others started something similar over a year ago, but nothing as well-coordinated and high-concept as this.

electric-ant

First Post
Outside of the Battlegrounds you're on your own, just post what you do/say and work it out amongst yourselves. I'll only post Battleground stuff and NPC reactions, so you'll have to drive the out-of-battle stuff.
Everyone has a

now onto questions :

You didn't finish your sentence. :)

I e-mailed you the most unbalancing spells and items I could possibly find. The BoEMs were all written by Monte Cook(author of the DMG), so I don't think there will be a whole lot to worry about concerning whether it's quality or not, just whether you want to allow it or not.

Last edited:

Remove ads