• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Banewarrens: Allies and Enemies

Hammerhead

Explorer
Malikar was halfway into his second mead, listening to his companions talk and trying to inspire them with half-hearted comments. Then, a simple thought struck him.

Look, they needed the key, right? Whoever they are? Therefore they must intend to use the door at some point. So why don't we go and guard the door?

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"What do you say if we just go to the church elders and tell them what happened? Perhaps they can trace the key's location. Also, we . . . or I . . . should check with Jevicca Norr about those bone rings - she said she could have some information about them," Titus stated.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Fallon says to the group. "Why don't we meet at the church in a few hours. I'm going to see what the word is on the street. Someone somewhere may have heard about ann Elf with an extra hand."

Hammerhead

Explorer
OOC: Krug, we don't have the artifact. That's the problem. Nicalon stole it and ran off.

Malikar looks around, agitated. What if they use the key and get into the Banewarrens before we find time to guard it? Every minute we waste in discussion is another minute given to the enemy, allowing him to use it to further his diabolic plans. Why report anything to the Church? We failed, and have not yet recovered the key. That's very little to report. I'm afraid that searching for an elf with the dessicated hand isn't likely to produce many results. Couldn't he just toss it in a bag or pouch?

Malikar stands up, leaving a few coins to pay for his mead. Short term, are best option is to guard the door. Over the long term, the next few days, we can leave a guard while the rest of us inform the Church, cast diviniations, or use contacts on the street. We must act quickly, and I, for one, do not intend to surrender the initiative to the enemy. I'll guard the door, even if no one else will. Malikar then walks out of the inn, running towards the abandoned house as quickly as possible.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Dyrnas did not have time to study the hand. It remained in Krug's possession until he was disarmed by Nicalon.

Malikar is headed for the abandoned manor (and the Sealed Door, presumably). As far as you know Kalarecent should be standing guard there. Are you all going with him or would you like to divide up again?

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Gru said:
Malikar is headed for the abandoned manor (and the Sealed Door, presumably). As far as you know Kalarecent should be standing guard there. Are you all going with him or would you like to divide up again?

Titus is going to head off with Malikar. Woefully low on spells and in need of rest, but Titus is unwilling to let Malikar run off alone. He will note to Malikar that Kalarecent is stationed at the door currently, though.

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
"Malikar. The Paladin is at the door as we speak. We can be of more use searching outside for the hand so that it never comes near the door. Besides many of us are exhausted and in need of rest. We would be more hinderance to Kalarecent than help." Fallon says getting in front of Malikar and trying to block his way.

Remove ads