• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Banewarrens: Allies and Enemies

Hammerhead

Explorer
No offense to Kalarecent, but he is a brave man, but he's failed already against his foes. He could at least use our aid. Fallon, finding the hand half an hour after it is stolen from you is an impossibility. Where would you look? Who would you talk to? What is not an impossibility is Nicalon moving immediately, this night, to enter the Banewarrens. He, or his master, has the key, and currently no one but a single man stands against their access to the vile treasures of the Banewarrens?

Malikar then approaches Fallon, staring at him gravely. He loudly asks Will you, Fallon, accept responsibility for the unleashing of such evil? Stand aside, else you will be partly responsible. That speech sounded rather excellent, if rather harsh and grave. Still, I believe my course of action, for the moment at least, is the correct one. I could just step over Fallon, for he's very small, but that would be extremely disrespectful, Malikar reflects after his speech.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Fallon looks up at the Paladin and says. "I can understand your actions. I just don't happen to to agree with them. Yes this was obviously planned. Yes they may very well be entering the banewarrens as we speak. We however are not in a position to stop them without forfeiting our lives. It is best that someone survives this day to alert those in power as to what has happened." The halfling shifts his body so that Malikar may pass "I know that I will be of very limited use as will some of the others. Paladins are known for thier obcession with preventing the spread of evil even to sacrifice thier lives in that cause. I'm not a martyr. I know that even with Yondalla's blessings I'm going to be a hinderance not a help to you."
A look comes over his eyes as if he is speaking to himself and after a moment he looks at Malikar again. "Bilbo agrees with you. Damn it! I'm going to get killed I just know it." He says and shuts up and follows the paladin into the banewarens not complaining the entire trip.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Hi, All! Life is intruding on my ability to post regularly. I'm preparing for a conference next week, so I probably can't post until 10/19. See you then.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Hi Everyone,

I've decided to close all my PbP games due to an increase in RL responsibilities. Thanks for your enthusiasm and participation throughout. I really enjoyed the characters, the dialogues, and the action.

I'm sorry to leave the story unfinished. Please let me know if you would like a final wrap-up message. Banewarrens is a great module, and I hope you sometime have the chance to experience the other chapters.

Sincerely,
Derek "GruTheWanderer" Poppink

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Ack...I actually own the Banewarrens, but held off on reading it, since you were running it. I guess I can look now... Pity I'm already running 7 games, or else i could pick up the gauntlet, oh well.
It was a fun run, Gru, thanks...

Hammerhead

Explorer
I had a great time and a lot of fun, my only regret is that we couldn't finish. Oh well, now I can at least buy the module and see what danger we couldn't experience.

Thanks a lot for running this.

Last edited:

Remove ads