• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The big announcement: 4dventure

EricNoah said:
It will be interesting to see what the rollout plan is for the information. If they learned anything from the last time they did this. I'm guessing that since they're specifically holding a meeting with Russ, maybe they did.

If they learned anything from the last time they did this, the first hint wouldn't be locking up their site with a bizarre splash page ... they'd quietly brief everyone first, then lock up for the general public. Which leads me to conclude:

1. It isn't the 4E announcement, or
2. They didn't learn anything from last time. Note the handling of the Dungeon/Dragon license.

More likely the latter. :( Why wouldn't they make their big announcement at the "D&D Experience" convention?

If someone decided to be cute and use a l337-speak name for the DI ... they should have thought more about what 4 = A might mean. Or maybe 4d = 4 days of adventure = GenCon?

Last edited:

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Eric! Why arn't you starting a Website about this?

Kidding aside, maybe this is related to why WotC is hiring a new RPG developer (among others)...

Glyfair

Explorer
Olgar Shiverstone said:
More likely the latter. :( Why wouldn't they make their big announcement at the "D&D Experience" convention?
I have to admit, if it is the assumed 4E announcement WotC will have taken a big credibility hit with me. They as much as said that all big D&D announcements will be made at the D&D Xperience. The DI covers more than D&D, 4E on the other hand...

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Olgar Shiverstone said:

Because even they have to admit to themselves that GenCon is THE RPG convention, the one where such announcements are made.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Hmmm... I notice theres a lot of 4s on that page...

4dventure... 4 adventure... 4th adventure... hmm... Go 4th and adventure... damn.. that would be a catchy slogan.. that a lot better then Gleemax. just incase... ::does a who is search::

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Glyfair said:
I have to admit, if it is the assumed 4E announcement WotC will have taken a big credibility hit with me. They as much as said that all big D&D announcements will be made at the D&D Xperience. The DI covers more than D&D, 4E on the other hand...

Their credibility in general has been low for quite a while. I still remember how, immediately after 3e's release, they insisted everything was okey-dokey, even when Monte jumped ship. Then they turned around within a really short time and laid a bunch of people off, including many of 3e's designers. Or how about the "gentleman's agreement" they had with Necromancer Games, in which they said they wouldn't be doing their own versions of the critters in the Tome of Horrors, then began doing their own versions soon after? Those are the two best examples I can think of off the top of my head.

Still, it could be the DI, but bundled with something about 4e.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads