The Blind Watchers of the Sylvan Shard

Heckler

First Post
Rinya 27/30

"Someone disarm her," Rinya shouts to her companions, as she makes a second attempt to dodge the blade and get a handful of fey.

ooc: Second attempt to grapple fey, provoking AoO.

touch attack 1d20+5=21(23 flanking); opposed grapple 1d20+5=9

ooc2: Just a reminder('cause it'll make my job a lot less painful) the fey's sword is Greased and she needs to make a REF save everytime she uses it to keep from dropping it. (assuming the psionic version works the same as the arcane.)

Heckler

First Post
ooc: Nope. She gets to make a save every round she tries to pick up or use the greased item.

[sblock=Grease]The spell can also be used to create a greasy coating on an item. Material objects not in use are always affected by this spell, while an object wielded or employed by a creature receives a Reflex saving throw to avoid the effect. If the initial saving throw fails, the creature immediately drops the item. A saving throw must be made in each round that the creature attempts to pick up or use the greased item. A creature wearing greased armor or clothing gains a +10 circumstance bonus on Escape Artist checks and on grapple checks made to resist or escape a grapple or to escape a pin.

SRD Grease[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=Rules Lawyering: ]
SRD said:
...while an object wielded or employed by a creature receives a Reflex saving throw to avoid the effect.
That effect would be "[the creation of] a greasy coating on an item". So if the first reflex save is successful, the item is not greased.

SRD said:
A saving throw must be made in each round that the creature attempts to pick up or use the greased item.
The saving-throw-every-round clause only applies if the item was successfully greased. Since the first reflex save was successful, the item isn't greased, and therefore no more saving throws need to be made.

I'm reasonably certain on this reading, but please tell me if you think I'm roaring mad. =P[/sblock]

Remove ads