The Blind Watchers of the Sylvan Shard

Dalamar

Adventurer
Tumna employs the plan that she had explained the others while they were walking and creates a mental bridge that connect her to Rinya, Saithnar and Richard, and then adds another bridge so that everyone is connected.
[sblock=OoC]Mindlink during both rounds. Since 1PP gets one person, 5PP should get everyone. It's just going to be easier when people can keep communicating.[/sblock]

Heckler

First Post
"More walking dead...," Rinya mutters (er, thinks) when she sees the walking corpses. Swinging her staff, she charges the nearest one.

ooc: Rinya moves and attacks the nearest undead (probably U1), charging if possible. Full power attack (3).

Att=1d20+2=10 (12 if charging)
dam= 1d6+9=11
rolls here

Last edited:

Richard Rawen

First Post
Richard feels revulsion crawl through him as he catches sight of the walking dead, carefully moving through his allies he then charges forward. Knowing these beasts to be slow, he puts all his might into his swing, trying to end the unlife before him in one hit.

[sblock=Hit!]22 Hit, 7 Slashing Damage -3/+3 Power Attack with MW Bastardsword vs U1.[/sblock][sblock=OOC]I'm waiting for in-round actions, especially the zombie, before I post Richards and Thallirae's actions.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Tumna focuses her mind and links your minds together.

Richard dashes forward and slashes at the zombie before him. Though the creature manages to avoid the worst of the blow, Richard's sword cuts through the fetid flesh with ease. (7 damage to U1)

End Surprise Round

Round 1 Initiative:
Rinya Starflower
Tumna Lakeside
Roots? 1
Roots? 2
Undead Body 1 , 7 damage sustained
Undead Body 2
Undead Body 3
Richard Rawen
Saithnar
Khairi Bahedar
Thallirae

Tumna finishes the work she already began and completes the link between your minds.

Rinya charges the zombie that Richard attacked. Her running attack gives it the strength she needs to crack the thing's skull with her staff, but despite the damage to its cranium, the zombie is clearly less affected than a living human would have been by a blow to the head. (Zombie has DR 5/slashing, 7 effective damage to U1)

Richard and Rinya's zombie responds with an uncharacteristically quick flurry of blows to Richard's upper torso. (Hits AC 19: 2 damage, hits AC 15: 8 damage)

The other zombie moves forward to engage Rinya. It pummels her mercilessly. (Hits AC 18: 9 damage)

The roots, which were suspected to be animated somehow, prove their dangerous nature by creeping along the floor and whipping up around Richard and Rinya's feet. One attacks Richard with four lashing tentacle-like roots that remind him all too well of the "gnome" from before. (Hits AC 22: 8 damage, hits AC 19: 3 damage, hits AC 14: 5 damage)

Richard feels poison seep into his veins off of the vile roots. (make a single Fort save DC 14)

Rinya receives similar punishment from a separate set of fungal roots. (Hits AC 23: 5 damage, hits AC 17: 5 damage, hits AC 16: 4 damage)

Rinya also feels the pain of the whipping roots increase as poison enters her bloodstream. (make a single Fort save DC 14)

The third zombie charges Saithnar from the opposite end of the room, with alacrity unexpected from the undead. Saithnar sees the attack coming and easily sidesteps the charge.

Richard...

Saithnar...

Khairi...

Thallirae...

Attachments

• roots-int_chamber.jpg
    roots-int_chamber.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 182

Heckler

First Post
"Richard, fall back..." Rinya thinks through the pain. "I wish these damned walking dead would decide what kind of weapon they want me to kill them with..."

FORT save: 1d20+6=21

ooc: Damn. I thought U1 and U2 had moved forward. My mistake, they stayed put.:(

Phoenix8008

First Post
Saithnar- M Elan Psion(Telepath) 3 (AC:15, HP:16/16, PP:7/17)

OOC: Saithnar should still have his Inertial Armor on from our last fight. Its duration is 3 hours (1/level). So AC is 15. Sadly, since we haven't rested I still only have 7PP to use before becoming a crossbow turret. :.-(

Saithnar steps back away from the undead creature (5' step to B12) and aims a bolt of fire towards it. His aim is poor though and the beam likely misses.

Energy Ray (fire) at U3 (1d20+2=10, 1d6+1=6) 6PP remaining.

Richard Rawen

First Post
Richard cringes a bit as the pummelling and slashing roots are followed up by that sick feeling of being poisoned. Thankfully his long years of training steady him against the venom.
Raising his shield for a defensive retreat, he agrees with Rinya's assessment, this is not the same as fighting mindless zombies!

[sblock=OOC] Poison DC 14 ST = 18
Richard will go full defense as he backs away, should push his AC to 22. Current HP: 31 -2 Zombie, -8 Tentacle, -3 Tentacle = 18 remaining. OUCH! [/sblock]

Richard Rawen

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'm going to assume that Thallirae has at least one Shocking Grasp left as it was listed as a main attack. Could you give me a bit more detail on what I'm working with here? For instance, how many points were put into tumble? I can assume from the stats provided that there are at least 3 levels of rogue, which means a base of 4+2 skill points, +3 Dex mod, so +9 in Tumble? Anything else that occurs as pertinent I'd be obliged.
Next big question is how many spells does he (she? lol) have remaining...

Given the speed of these zombies, Thallirae will tumble behind U3 to avoid an AoO. The sneak attack will not apply due to the undead nature of the target, there is no "open hand" damage listed so I'll just go with the 4d6 Electrical. Hopefully I'm playing that correctly, if I need to delay while I cast the spell first fiat my action to reflect this, thanks.
RR[/sblock]
Thallirae tumbles behind the nearest zombie, reaching out to discharge a blast of electricity into the creature's flank.[sblock=combat rolls]Tumble=18; Attack=7(rolled a 1 :( ); Shocking Grasp damage=14. linkage[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Richard pulls back.

OOC: Withdrawing is a full-round action. Total defense is a standard action. If Richard wants to move and provoke AoO's, but do total defense, he can do that. Or he can withdraw and provoke no AoO's. Which did you intend? To what square is Richard moving?

Khairi attempts to tumble past the zombie, but the roots catch his feet and the zombie is fast. Somehow, despite the entangling roots, Khairi manages to dodge the attack.

OOC: Khairi still has a standard action, I believe. "Tumble at one-half speed as part of normal movement..." He only moved 3 squares, I believe he gets 6, so he could still make an attack this round.

Thallirae makes gestures with her hands and sparks of electricity begin to arc between her fingers.

OOC: Casting the spell is a standard action. Thallirae still has a move action left, but she'll pass on that, choosing instead to move into position next round so as not to provoke the wrath of the undead creature prematurely.

End of Round 1

Round 2
Initiative:

Rinya Starflower
Tumna Lakeside
Roots? 1
Roots? 2
Undead Body 1 , 14 damage sustained
Undead Body 2
Undead Body 3
Richard Rawen , 18 HP
Saithnar
Khairi Bahedar
Thallirae

Rinya... (OOC: Which attacks hit Rinya in the last round? What is her current HP?)

Tumna...

Attachments

• roots-int_chamber.jpg
    roots-int_chamber.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 183

Remove ads