The Blind Watchers of the Sylvan Shard

Dungannon

First Post
Richard Rawen said:
And I brought some food." The boyish-faced man says with a bright smile.
Lucien smiles at his friend. "I would expect no less than full preparedness on that front from you, Richard."

Thallirae said:
"The Wyrwood is not terribly far, though neither is it close. But taking horses into the woods would slow us down once we reach them, so we either need to find horses and stable them somewhere on the forest's edge or else simply walk."
"My horse is quite comfortable in the wood, even alone, and I would not feel right leaving him behind in the city."

Heckler

First Post
"That is most generous, Saithnar. Can anyone supply the rest? I'm afraid I don't have much in the way of coins, especially as I should get some extra rations. We will try to make sure everyone is fairly compensated," Rinya replies.

ooc: As we're not being paid for this, I'm hoping RA throws some phat lewt at us. I'll suggest that we take the cost of the wand out of that at the end, and cover anyone who is able to help buy it now. After, we can either sell the wand back or someone can buy it from the party. Splitting the cost seven ways (RA, will the NPC go along with this?) that ends up being 107 gp per person (I'll suck up the extra gp myself.)

All this is assuming we can come up with the other 375 gp to buy it in the first place.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Tumna shrugs. Saithnar seemed a strange fellow, and she'd have to keep an eye out in case the dizzyness might be coming back. Then Richard enters.
"Now there's a man after my own heart: everything where it counts and nothing where it doesn't." It's hard to tell whether she's complimenting or insulting Richard; possibly a bit of both.

When the discussion turns to a healing wand, she again speaks up.
"I can cover the other half," she says. "But do we have anyone who can use one? I thought only divine servants could use those things."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: You'll have to take the 'phat lewt' up with Rae. I'm not running this one ;)

Yes, Thallirae is coming. I'll handle playing her unless Rae would prefer otherwise.)

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Thallirae said:
"I cannot be of use if you want to buy this 'healstick'"
Heckler said:
Splitting the cost seven ways (RA, will the NPC go along with this?) that ends up being 107 gp per person
So, the NPC is not gonna be of help to buy wand. This makes it a 6 way split for a final total of 125 GP per character. Sounds like the two brains can cover the wand for now unless some others can put forward their share now and not have to pay up later. I figure we gotta come across some lewt eventually. It wouldn't be D&D if you couldn't kill the monsters and take their treasure, right? :] ;)
Heckler said:
"But do we have anyone who can use one? I thought only divine servants could use those things."
The two rangers should be able to activate the wand since CLW is on their spell lists, regardless of the fact that they can't yet actually cast the spell. Strange quirk in the rules, but it works in our favor. (Oops, just saw that Lucien actually CAN cast CLW. Well, this way he can pray for something else and he or Rinya can just use the wand for healing.)

I noticed that in addition to the lack of cleric, we also have no rogue. Hopefully there won't be too many traps, otherwise we'll end up being like Dwarven trap detectors(stomping down the hallway till the trap goes off, shrugging and continuing to stomp down the hall. :D )[/sblock]
Rinya said:
"That is most generous, Saithnar."
Saithnar silently nods to the half elf after she compliments his generosity. After hearing Tumna offer to supply the rest of the money needed for a wand, he thinks for a moment before deciding to speak. "Well then, unless there are any others wishing to contribute, Tumna and I can go purchase a wand for healing with our funds." Looking at Tumna, he uses his Mindlink power (if she is willing to receive) to send a message to her [sblock=telepathically]'If we go alone it would give us a chance to discuss in private the matters of the mind and the strange effect we experienced when we first neared each other. If you wish to not discuss such things, that is fine as well.'[/sblock]

Last edited:

BigB

First Post
Khairi hefts his somewhat light purse... I will have to accept your kind offer of allowing me to pay my share when funds are more abundant. Winning the tournament gave me a splendid scimitar and armor but no actual gold. I can afford my food at least. I think walking should be fine if we are not in more of a hurry. Khairi will purchase enough rations for 2 weeks when the group does their shopping.

Richard Rawen

First Post
Richard brightens over the various responses, taking everything said as a compliment or positive fun. When money is mentioned his face darkens for a moment, his hand involuntarily dropping to the hilt of the fine sword at his hip before he pulls it up to clasp the other. "Um, I'll have to be taking the offer of a carry forward myself. As for healing, I do have three potions of the lower cure spell, just so it is known. What kind of resistance do we anticipate?"

Heckler

First Post
"How kind of you to cover the rest of the wand, Tumna. If you two can go purchase the wand, I'll go get myself some extra rations," Rinya replies.

ooc: Rinya will be purchasing enough extra rations so that she has enough for two weeks.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Awesome, you guys are on the ball! It's ironic, then, that this is the only game I can't move forward much myself. Or at least, I'd like to find Rae before I do anything much further. I'll send him an e-mail)

Remove ads