The Book of Vile Darkness - it is mine, review within

Xarlen

First Post
Dragongirl said:

:: rolls eyes ::

Anyway, thanks for the review, makes me want it all the more.

I'm teasing. :)

The Incubi can be naked too. ;)

On a serious note, I AM glad the nudity and gore aren't gratitust.

Xarlen

First Post
Do the Spell-Like Ability metas suck away the amount of time you can use 'em? The 'Quicken Spell LIke' in the MMII does that.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Xarlen said:
Do the Spell-Like Ability metas suck away the amount of time you can use 'em? The 'Quicken Spell LIke' in the MMII does that.

No, but you can only use them so many times per day. And I almost forgot the other two abilities... Quicken Spell-Like abiliy, just like it sounds, a general feat, and Violate spell-like ability, which is even worse than Corrupt spell-like ability (it does vile damage instead of unholy damage).

CobaltGrC

First Post
Hey Ray Silver are you a student in Iowa City? My friend and I have been looking for people to game with...

Good review I'm thinking about picking the book up tommorw..

Swack-Iron

First Post
Ray Silver said:
Chapter Seven

The Lords of Evil. Here you are, your Demon Lords and Archdevils. Yup. They're here, they're the living embodiment of evil. [/B]

So, what's the final big answer on how Demon Lords and Archdevils operate: are they nigh-unto divine and can grant spells (or spell-like abilities) or are they simply very high CR monsters, or some other arrangement?

Kai Lord

Hero
Ray Silver said:
Some gory pictures, some nudity, but nothing much nuder than we've seen in some Mongoose books I could name.

Who did the art? Lockwood, Wood, WAR, and the rest of the usual suspects or does it have an entirely different style in addition to the subject matter?

Remove ads