• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Book of Vile Darkness - it is mine, review within

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Those Arch-Devil & Demon Prince stats seem kind of weak. I wonder how the Geyron & Molich stats from the Tome of Horrors will stack up?

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Re: Re: Re: Asmodeus

Upper_Krust said:

Truly this is the most vile thing in the entire book! :(

Don't worry about Graz'zt's CR. Worry instead about the two Sor 6 marliths, the six max hit point lamias, the 7th level cleric, the 6th level lamia cleric, the sor 7/Thrall of Graz'zt 6, and the succubus Rog 6 that tend to hang around Graz'zt all the time.

Did I mention he has minions, a cult, and bunch of loyal followers?

Numion

First Post
So, in your opinion, does the book lead to the doom of D&D as we know it? Will it turn people who use it to the ways of evil?

Re: Graz'zt

Hi Ray Silver mate! :)

Ray Silver said:
Don't worry about Graz'zt's CR. Worry instead about the two Sor 6 marliths, the six max hit point lamias, the 7th level cleric, the 6th level lamia cleric, the sor 7/Thrall of Graz'zt 6, and the succubus Rog 6 that tend to hang around Graz'zt all the time.

An attractive entourage and one that might impress some low level types but insignificant cannon fodder in the grand scheme of things.

Perhaps if we add Eclavdra (who should rightfully be a cleric of Graz'zt) from the Epic Level Handbook we can just about save him from ignominious defeat at the hands of a party of marauding 20th-level PCs...

Ray Silver said:
Did I mention he has minions, a cult, and bunch of loyal followers?

Irrelevant, given that every other Demon Prince will have similar minions and servitors.

Graz'zts status, in and of his own power, should be comparable to the likes of Demogorgon and Orcus. There simply is no excuse to the contrary!

No matter which way you slice it Graz'zt got the shaft!

Florin

First Post
I used to work at Mayhem. I'm glad they got them a little early. :) It must have been Schutte's vileness that attracted the book early. :D Oh, and if you see him, tell him Troy said that. ;)

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Asmodeus

Upper_Krust said:

Truly this is the most vile thing in the entire book! :(

Must agree this is only vile thing I'm ever going to see WotC print.

Abyssally low power levels from singular entities, that should be truly powerful, and horrible number of not-so-powerful creatures, that are easy to min-max within rules to be more powerful (or rather, more dangerous), than these supposingly powerful creatures ever are going to get to be in hands of offical rule creators.

And idea of deities being protected by their number of followers as suggested in Deities & Demigods, makes me doubt my sanity, to actually have wasted good money for such a book.

Another vile thing I expect to see, are spells/feats with exactly same effects I've seen this far, but with package of disadvantages 'cause they are 'evil'.

I my villains are going to penalized for their way to power, why did they picked it in first place, when greedy path of neutrality would grant all the same, without negative sides effects.

Well, these are my doubts about this book and it's usefulness to me.

Rumors about perversions and nasty stuff in BoVD, is to me, just empty hype.

jester47

First Post
ROCK ME AZMODEUS!

ooo! ooo! Rock me Azmodeus!
ooo! ooo! Rock me Azmodeus!

Azmodeus Azmodeus, Az - Mo - Deus
Azmodeus Azmodeus, Az - Mo - Deus
Azmodeus Azmodeus

Rock Rock me Azmodeus

He was the first punk ever to set foot on this earth.
He was a genius from the day of his birth.
He could play the fiddle like a ring and a bell
And ev'rybody screamed:
Come on, rock me Azmodeus.
He was a superstar, he was dynamite and whatever he did (it)
Seemed to be alright.
And he drank (and) he cursed and he fooled around
But when the women would shout:
Rock me Azmodeus,
Azmodeus, Azmodeus, Azmodeus,
Azmodeus, Azmodeus, Azmodeus,
Oh oh oh Azmodeus.
With a bottle of wine in one hand and a succubus in the other
'Cause he was a ladies man
He never stopped to worry what the next day would bring
Because the girls would sing:
Rock me Azmodeus,
etc...
His mind was on rock and roll and having fun
Because he lived so fast they all died so young.
But he made his mark in history.
Still ev'rybody says:
Rock me Azmodeus

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I think I'm going to stick with my copy of the Creature Catalog that I printed out a while back. These guys seem like a push over for the status they hold.

Remove ads