The Book of Vile Darkness - it is mine, review within

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
CobaltGrC - Ames, not Iowa City I'm afraid.

Swack-Iron - They are not divine beings, but they are incredibly powerful (I don't think I saw anything below CR 20, and at least one was CR 29). It mentions that they serve as patrons to clerics without gods (the ones that serve abstract forces of evil). But it does mention, in general, how to "level them up" and give them a divine rank. You'd need Dieties and Demigods to fully stat them out, but it gives you a general idea. Also they figured out the domains for you in Chapter 6.

Kai Lord - Aritsts include Reynolds, Grant-West, Sardinha, Easley, Fischer, Cavotta, and Swekel, along with another half-dozen I didn't immediately recognize. The art style wasn't radically different than anything we've seen before, though some had some interesting styles.

Krug - I tried to last night, but while it's on the main list, I couldn't find it on the "Select a Product to Review" drop down list. But as soon as that appears, I'm there.

qstor - Orcus' CR is 28.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
It doesn't mention any restrictions against undead casting these spells, but logically I'd make them take Charisma damage in lieu of spells that require Constitution damage. The logic behind that is they use their Cha mod for Fort saving throws, so using Cha to replace Con in spell costs only seems fair.

Hi there Ray Silver! :)

Does Wayne Reynolds illustrate any of the Demon Princes/Arch-Devils? If so which ones?

Also what is Demogorgons and Yeenoghus Hit Dice?

Thanks! :)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Upper_Krust said:
Hi there Ray Silver! :)

Does Wayne Reynolds illustrate any of the Demon Princes/Arch-Devils? If so which ones?

Also what is Demogorgons and Yeenoghus Hit Dice?

Demogorgon has 39d8 +390 (565hp) and a CR of 30.

Yeenoghu has 33d8 + 363 (511hp) and a CR of 22.

Wayne drew Mephistopheles.

Hi Ray Silver mate! :)

Ray Silver said:
Demogorgon has 39d8 + 390 (565hp) and a CR of 30.

Yeenoghu has 33d8 + 363 (511hp) and a CR of 22.

We know that Asmodeus has 35d8 + 350 (507) and a CR of 32.

Spell Resistance generally seems to be CR+13.

Ray Silver said:
Wayne drew Mephistopheles.

Darn it! I was hoping he would get Demogorgon or Graz'zt...ah well; I'm sure their all pretty well illustrated regardless. :p

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Demogorgon was done by... hmm... I don't recognize the signature. What artist uses a circle and cross over the year? Is that Fischer? Graz'zt was done by Jeremy Jarvis.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Re: Asmodeus

The Serge said:
Ray!

Please tell me!

Who drew Asmodeus and confirm his CR. Is it 32 and is it the highest in the book?

Thanks!

Demon Lord/Archdevil - CR
Demogorgon - 30
Graz'zt - 24
Juiblex - 20
Orcus - 28
Yeenoghu - 22
Bel - 20
Dispater - 26
Mammon - 25
Belial/Feirna - 24
Levistus - 25
Hag Countess - 22
Baalzebul - 29
Mephistopheles - 29
Asmodeus - 32

Fischer drew Asmodeus.

The Cardinal

First Post
cool sh*t!

I need this book *now* - my next character will be a Risen Demon (from FFG's Mythic Races), an ex-servant of Demogorgon. And since he still counts as being evil, although he is LG, I might find some cool "vile" feat for him...

Remove ads