The Chaos Effect updated 10/11/05 Exit the Dungeon + New Players intro

MadMaxim

First Post
Spike wishes to confront the dwarf about the joking. He gets over to him and asks: "Excuse me, Sir, but that was a rather rude remark you made about us. In case you're not aware of it, a section of the Treaty of Thronehold was about warforged and their rights. We were given all the rights that other humanoids have. I don't need a room, but I would be glad if you'd apoligize for that remark. After all, we don't judge you by the size and shapes of your beards..." He says all that without a hint of emotion, playing the cold, emotion-less warforged stereotype. After putting the dwarf in his place, Spike walks over to Clang and tries to strike up a conversation.

"So, Clang, what did Jaskin offer you?" Spike gets straight to the point.

lonesoldier

First Post
Kerrick claims a top bunk!

Kerrick goes for a walk about the ship, once he is sure that it is safe he places the kama and nunchaku into his haversack. He keeps both sais (and 9 shurikens) hidden in his clothing. The two daggers are his only visible (hopefully) weapons. When he is finished he sits cross-legged on the floor, and meditates.

Jdvn1 said:
Not being able to ready anyone very well, Tamin wants to get an impression of everyone on this ship. He spends most of his time on the deck, watch the land as it rolls by -- will he recognize any of it? More than likely not. They pass by so many homes, but none his own.

If anyone comes up to Tamin, he'll share a short conversation, but he generally keeps to himself, watching and listening to the people around him. Of course, he doesn't look at people as he listens to their conversations, but he's aware. Listen +7 If he notices anyone with nice weaponry, Tamin will ask to see it so that he may admire the workmanship. Craft(Weap) +10

The Golden eagle has swung north and now flies within view of the Dagger River. Below you is a thick forest known as the King's Forest. An Eletric Rail can be seen coming in and out of the forest as it runs along its edge. Though it is not your home, there is a quality of freedom high above the ground.

MadMaxim said:
Spike wishes to confront the dwarf about the joking. He gets over to him and asks: "Excuse me, Sir, but that was a rather rude remark you made about us. In case you're not aware of it, a section of the Treaty of Thronehold was about warforged and their rights. We were given all the rights that other humanoids have. I don't need a room, but I would be glad if you'd apoligize for that remark. After all, we don't judge you by the size and shapes of your beards..." He says all that without a hint of emotion, playing the cold, emotion-less warforged stereotype. After putting the dwarf in his place, Spike walks over to Clang and tries to strike up a conversation.

"So, Clang, what did Jaskin offer you?" Spike gets straight to the point.

The dwarf smiles the whole time you speak to him. He nods and says " s'pose so warrior. You look like an Aundair model." It seems the dwarf is hinting at something but you miss it (S Mot 12 total) or don't understand it.

THE CHAOS EFFECT
SEGMENT 017

Evening sets in. Food of sandwiches, fruit and cheese is offered along with milk or water. You are offered only 1 meal a day (Dinner). They expect to reach Wroat in the early afternoon of tommorrow.

Two men will stay on top side in two hour shifts at all times as the craft humms along.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Tamin eats his sandwiches, making sure that everyone who boarded the ship is comes to eat. He seems a little more relaxed now, having spent time experience the feeling of flying. He smiles at people as he walks by, now, and makes some small talk with Vander, "This isn't a bad ship, y'know. How do you like it so far? I don't travel much, as you might guess."

Bront

The man with the probe
Vander nibbles on a sandwhich and sits back for a bit. Unable to spot anyone here following him, he seems at ease for the first time all day. "I've been on a ship, but not one of these air ships. She seems sturdy and defensable though, and sure rides smoother than any sea vessel I've been on."

sleepystyle

First Post
Looking up from another tome on the planes with a sandwich in one hand, Rashleigh interjects, "As a representative of House Orien, I'll say that I'm suitably impressed with the Captains ship. There aren't many like this one that can straddle the line between commercial and military use so effectively."

The scholar dabs his lips with a napkin and then asks, "Tamin I've been meaning to ask. How did you talk an elf into crafting a such tiny versions of their racial weapons? And why? You must be some kind of hero among the elves to get them to agree to something like that as I've heard they guard things like that jealously."

THE CHAOS EFFECT
SEGMENT 018

The night remains cool and the sound of the elemental surprisingly soothing as you sleep. There is one brief incident however during the night. The Magebred horse had become paniced and required calming. This took a mere few minutes.

Also the child in the wheeled chair seems to have become worse. She is catatonic now. The mother is seen several times pleading for the Captain to speed the craft up.

Tamin- at one point, in tears and trembling, she asks for you to heal her only child. She believes you are a healer. The warforged that travels with her calmly moves her away. For a warforged, it has a gentleness and sympathy that is surprising to see.

The Captain and the dwarf are often seen watching this forged then when reliezing they are being watched, scowl and grumble about how they cheapened the war.

Unless there is anything else you wish to play out, you will dock at Wroat within the hour.

Remove ads