The Continuing Adventures of the Knights of the Silver Quill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim

First Post
This is actually the best thread ever!!! Hehehehee... i so want to move back to Massachusetts and come play with you guys... Dartan is so increadibly cool! FOUR CARDS!!! Thats so nuts!!!

Grim

Hi,
Once again I am in awe of your game Dr Midnight, I am so jealous:p. Could I possibly interest you in DMing an online game, no? well at least I tried :).
Keep up the good work, I can't wait to read what happens next.
Cya:D
(On another note I am soon going to be DM my first game and I was wondering whether it would be worth it to buy and run RttToEE or to create my own adventures.)

Grim

First Post
IMOC we bought RttToEE, and although we have yet to get to the actual temple, we use it as a good backstory for our other adventures. IE:

Start in Duvic's Pass from the Burning Plague adventure.

Journey to Cormyr so that paladin can become a Purple Dragon Knight.

Arrive in Hommet, which is just outside Cormyr, and enter the abandoned temple thing (the one with the dragon)

Destroy that place, only to return to town and get ambushed by a vampire.

Get level drained, and journey to the next town over, which has a temple of Helm. (pick up new characters along the way for the people who left, or who were killed by the vampire))

The temple agrees to help us if we journey to another part of the evil cult's land, this part full of lycanthropes, to retrieve an artifact for them.

One partymember gets werebearinized, one gets captured and werewolfinized, and another barly esacepes alive. Return to temple of Helm to get fully healed, and maybe cured, but probably have to take up another quest...

and on and on...

and even though we only made it through the first 30 pages of the book, we still think its a good deal.

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Gilthanas-

I am soon going to be DM my first game and I was wondering whether it would be worth it to buy and run RttToEE or to create my own adventures.

RttToEE is definitely worth buying, but I do NOT recommend running it if this is your first time DM'ing. It's far too long and chunky to be good for a new DM- I suggest something shorter and simpler.

For example- The first module in this group's story, GORGOLDAND'S GAUNTLET, would be a perfect starting module. I'm not just saying that because its author is a KotSQ reader, either :D- It was a lot of fun.

Otherwise, I suggest looking into the classic adventures available for download from Wizards.com. I recently downloaded White Plume Mountain, then downloaded and the 3E conversion. Those classic modules had a feel of wonder about them I don't get from modern-day modules. Call me jaded.

Breakstone

First Post
"My mount's name is Tsunami. What's yours?" Vek asked.

Two words:

Boo.

Ya.

I've been waiting since the beginning of your campaign for that deck of Many Things. Dartan has amazing luck, Drawing four cards! Jebus!

Good job, Doc!

Metus

First Post
Hum. If I were Dartan, I would have tried to whoop up on Death, and used those two wishes to help the former party members by either raising them or saving them (in the case of Jamison and Erasmus).

Anyways, good stuff. Thanks for the frequent postings, Doc. Helps the story's continuity immensely.

Riekhan

First Post
FOUR!

You drew four cards from the deck, and you lived, and, well, but, HOW!? I wish I had your luck Dartan!
Oh my god I wonder why you did that!

hmm, first post on the new boards. TIME TO TRY THE SMILIES!:) :( :eek: :D ;) :p :mad: :rolleyes: :cool:

DWARF

First Post
Dr Midnight said:
"Menerous," it hissed. "The cards hold great power. Power to bring your fondest dreams to reality." Menerous kept walking. "Power enough to bring your brother back to life." Menerous stopped. He stood.

He turned.

Ahhh!!! Dr Midnight, you are SOOOO evil!!!

fighting the death

Metus said:
Hum. If I were Dartan, I would have tried to whoop up on Death, and used those two wishes to help the former party members by either raising them or saving them (in the case of Jamison and Erasmus).

Anyways, good stuff. Thanks for the frequent postings, Doc. Helps the story's continuity immensely.

Even though it is only a "little death", it is though as hell. Don't know what it's like in 3E, but in Second Edition it killed a 10th Level fighter in 2 rounds. (That was a party member who drew a card after I was done...)

-------

BTW, the third one lost his soul, and we had to travel over the river Styxx to get it back out of Hades. That was fun !!!

Hi,
Thanks for your advice Grim and Dr Midnight, but I forgot to mention that I will be joint DMing with one of my friends who is quite experienced (He is ST for my VTM game so he will be used to long and convoluted storylines) so I may end up buying it anyway. (Hopefully the adventures we play before the Temple will get him used to the D20 rules and help me understand a few of the more complicated rules). However I will take your advice and see how we feel closer to the time. By the way where can I get GORGOLDAND'S GAUNTLET as from what I can remember reading about it sounds a perfect start.
Cya:D
(p.s have you thought about that online game any more:D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads