The Crux of the Matter

Rystil Arden

First Post
"It's a wizard school, silly. If you had to be a wizard already to get in, and you had to get in to learn to be a wizard, it would be an arcane paradox."

"Actually, if you've learned to be a wizard already from somewhere else, it is much harder to be accepted than if you are just a tabula rasa, a clean slate. This is because apparently most places teach some of the important aspects of magic completely incorrectly, and it is harder to relearn old habits than it is to learn them correctly in the first place."

"Anyway, Vanitri left halfway through, so he doesn't have the Wizard's Degree yet, only the Journeyman's."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Pretty much, unless they are both particularly gifted and willing to put up with starting at the entry level without a fuss. Are you looking to sign up too, Mister Tenebrynn? I bet the intro classes will be even easier for you than they looked like to me. When I'm old enough to be able to go there, I figure I'll take a whole lot of them at the same time and learn more and graduate early."

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Rinaldo]"I must tell that I am a trader of magical goods, so my interest is mainly on the tower. I was told it had been owned by a wizard, but he died and a monster had taken hs place. I also heard the monster had been killed. Well, I have many informations, but some of them doesn't seem to fit with each other, you might help me by telling me what you know about teh story of that tower.

After that, we could talk a bit more about the Orc and Hobgoblin. The opportunity of business there are pretty much null, but I start to get use to goblinoids, so I might come to help on that too."
tells Rinaldo. As he talk about his expertise, his hand instinctively touch his dagger at his belt. The dagger's sheet show the crest of Monemvassia.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Rinaldo]"Well, about the tower, there's not much to tell. There were a couple of wizards who used to live in a tower and then it was gone. There were tales of monsters, and folks heard that some adventurers killed the tower monster, but the tales kept continuing, and people claim to spot it every so often."

"The tower is fairly nearby, and it is supposedly dangerous. We can keep your horses well-fed and cared for here while you go explore it, as you'll likely have to leave them outside for a long time if not. If you have a lot of heavy objects along with you, we can also store them for you so you have room to carry anything you need from the tower as necessary, and you won't have to worry about leaving it lying around. I don't know if this is always true, but I hear some adventurers carry hundreds of pounds of objects they've salvaged along with them, for instance. Also, if you can't find it yourself, we can offer a guide."

"As to the orcs and hobgoblins, well the orcs raid and it looks like the hobgoblins might raid soon too. For whatever reason, the eastern orcs have been stirring up again--they used to be relatively quiet."

[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Rinaldo]"I must tell, after what you told, I am a bit uneasy with that tower. Not that I am scared of it, but more for teh consequence for you town. It seems to draw adventurers to your town, but it doesn't seems they really care for it. It is true that many loots of them loots there enemy to teh point of stripping them of there underwears, which is sad to see some lust of fortune. I must tell I am not that better, as I have come into this business too to raise enough found to open my shop.

For the feast, I must tell I don't want to take advantage of your town, but if you think it will bring the good will of the inhabitant, I would be willing to consider it, but I am not alone, I have soem friends who are waiting for me. If you don't mind, I'll speak with them, and Hogarth will tell you our answers once we have decided. Does that seems fair with you?"
ask Rinaldo[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Rinaldo]"Well, it won't be a king's feast--just a modest fare that our small town has to offer for our saviours. And yes, I do think that a feast and then a little ceremony where we present you each with your little writ will do much to boost the village's morale, as it shows them that something is being done and leaves them hopeful for the future."[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
"Yes, the school is selective, and then entrance exams are fairly harrowing, even if they don't involve magic much. It's more about testing potential. I'd say more, but that's realy about all I can say about the entrance exams," Vanitri says.

"And no, I'm not a true wizard, but I did pick up a few tricks, and spent some time studying the arcane and it's effects on the surrounding lands."

Remove ads