• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Crux of the Matter

Velmont

First Post
"The faster they move, the faster they dissapears... if someone approach very very slowly, it might be able to come closer to the Crux... do you have a Grease spell, Rayne? I need to test it one last time but if I don't give enough energy to hth copper piece, it will not even reach the field, the friction with teh ground will stop it, but with a greased ground, it will slide slowly without slowing down much." tells Rinaldo.

He takes out another copper piece and prepare to do the same test, but pushing even slower the copper piece.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I don't have it prepared, but I have a scroll of it in case I need to back up any Rogues," Rayne explains, fishing out her scroll and casting Grease on the nearby area to aid in the experiment--she doesn't cast Grease on the area near the Crux in case it would be reflected or negated.

Velmont

First Post
"Less then two minutes" wonders Rinaldo. He draw his dagger, as adamantium is reknown to cut everything and move around the room and stop where the line toward the Crux is not greased. "If you have a brigther idea, go on, but I'll try to reach teh Crux very slowly..."

If no one object, Rinaldo starts to walk very slowly, slower than any pieces of copper he has thrown, he will try to cover the distance in 15 rounds to 20 rounds, his dagger in front of him. If the dagger touch the Crux before he dissapear, he will slowly put his weight on the dagger in hope the balde will cut the Crux.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Is his plan to move to within the distance of a single move action (30 feet) and then speed up and slash at it when he gets there or to keep his speed constant, slow, and measured throughout?)

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Thinking of it, here what I'll do. Rinaldo will have his dagger in his good hand, a copper piece in the off-hand (that might come usefull later for a test). He will move toward the Crux, with his hands in front of him. When his blade will touch the Crux, he will put his weight on the blade in hope that the dagger will pierce the Crux under his weight. All these movement will be slow, constant and measured, nothing will be quick.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Okey dokey!)

*Since he is about 90-100 feet from the Crux to start, Rinaldo moves about 6 feet every 6 seconds in a slow measured attempt to reach the Crux. About 12 feet away from the Crux, far closer than any of the copper pieces had reached, he feels himself begin to ripple and fade away into a bright light.*

(OOC: New thread coming soon!)

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Damned... that mean I would have needed to have moved the last feet slower. now Hogarth will feel alone. And none of them have adamantium, and Hogarth doesn't have any creation spell yet.

Remove ads