The Crux of the Matter

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I see...for something supposedly so indestructible, it seems deceptively fragile. The good news is that Sin will never be able to enter this place, so it suffices to wait for this tower to phase out of existence after a short while."

Velmont

First Post
"You suggest to escape this place and leave both the Crux and Sin inside? Sin have used many of her spells to try to reach us here, do you think we could stop her? Or do you think she is still powerfull."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I have used most of my spells as well. But if we do not leave soon, since the Crux is still active, do we not risk being trapped inside when this place phases out of contact with our world?"

Velmont

First Post
"As far as I can tell, we might alreday be in phase. Who knows what the inside of that tower looks like when it is in phase. But do you have a suggetsion to escape this place. We are 7 and there is a few aspects and a powerfull wizards with probabley a few spells left that is awaiting for us."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Don't forget--the Aspects are Wizards too," Laynie reminds him.

"Well, so we can't use traveling magic while we're inside this area, but if we exit to the danger zone, we should be able to then immediately Dimension Door to the exit, after which they cannot pursue us, particularly if we Teleport. The issue is that if I take the time to prepare an assortment of Dimension Door spells, Sin can prepare a full variety of countermeasures."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Through circumstances that are still not clear to me, I have a full compliment of offensive spells. I suspect that Ashna does too. In addition the need to keep concentrating on my form has been resolved. To that extent we may be able to confront Sin and her aspects at this time. I suspect she has used much of her offensive capabilities already given your statement regarding her need to rest as well."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: He still thinks he's a female pixie, by the way)

"Do you really think that you have that much power? She has not used all of her best spells yet, since many of them will not affect us up there, and she still has her nexus, which can make even her weaker spells deadly. For instance, how well could you hold up to a consecutive volley of an Empowered Fireball and a regular Fireball, whichever element you aren't defended against (since she'll be Scrying as you protect yourself)? If she has even two spells of the 3rd circle left, which are minor magics to her, she can effect that sort of attack. My guess is that you would not survive it."

(OOC: 87.5 Damage average)

Knight Otu

First Post
"That is indeed the case." Ashna confirms Tenebrynn's 'observation' after she removed herself from the proximity of the Crux. "But Rayne is correct that a mage of Sin's stature is extremely deadly even with spells of lower potency." Ashna decides that this is not a good moment to question the terminology that the Academy apparently uses.

[sblock=New Spells Prepared]
Save DC 13 + spell level, or 14+ spell level for Evocation spells; 4+1/4+1/4+1/3+1):
0 - acid splash, detect magic, flare*|, ray of frost x2*;
1st - Ashnar's sparkstrike*|, mage armor, cause fear, shocking grasp*, ray of enfeeblement;
2nd - flaming sphere*, protection from arrows, scorching ray x3*|;
3rd - Fireball *|, lightning bolt*, ray of exhaustion, protection from energy[/sblock]

[sblock=Rystil]I'm assuming that the Cosmic Flame effect is not available to Ashna, correct?
And I do notice the lack of Guile, unlike in the other timeline... :uhoh: [/sblock]

Remove ads