• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Crux of the Matter

Velmont

First Post
"Baleful Polymorph is permanent, but it is still a spell effect, it can be dispel spell to remove it, no?." tells Rinaldo

"If Tenebrynn can... pass the... night, I could... restore some of the... drain he had been... victim." tells Hogarth.

"Yeah? It would help?" asks Rinaldo.

"To... stabilize his... form... I think so." answers Hogarth.

[SBLOCk=OOC]Here my suggestion, Tenebrynn use the potion to pass the night (we don't have much choice). Hogarth cast lesser restoration so Tenebrynn can recover his lost Charisma for his check.

If we want, we could even allow Tenebrynn to rest. Senex could cast Baleful Polymorph so Tenebrynn can rest. Once he awaken, he study his spells and before leaving, Senex dispel the baleful Polymorph. We go and get the Crux and after that, I think the best chance would be Senex to cast again Baleful Polymorph before exiting that tower, so Tenebrynn would be able to sruvive until we got to Orussus where we will be able to dispel his state and restore his form.[/SBLOCK]

Knight Otu

First Post
Velmont said:
[SBLOCk=OOC]If we want, we could even allow Tenebrynn to rest. Senex could cast Baleful Polymorph so Tenebrynn can rest. Once he awaken, he study his spells and before leaving, Senex dispel the baleful Polymorph. We go and get the Crux and after that, I think the best chance would be Senex to cast again Baleful Polymorph before exiting that tower, so Tenebrynn would be able to sruvive until we got to Orussus where we will be able to dispel his state and restore his form.[/SBLOCK]
(That would involve two rest periods, though, as Senex said that he currently doesn't have the spell prepared. I did not get the impression that the many Valsices are that patient. Especially not SarcasmGuile.)

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Funny story--Lesser Restoration doesn't cover ability drain, only temporary damage :heh: A full Restoration takes care of everything though ;))

I thought the Charisma was ability damage and wisdom was drained (damage = temporay, drained = permanent).[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Both are permanent drain. As a sidenote, Chaos Beast + Ghost Template (choose the Charisma Drain power from the list of special attacks) has a remarkably deadly synergy with itself. If it weren't for being incredibly wimpy and having low HP indeed for its CR, it would be fearsome indeed)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Knight Otu said:
(That would involve two rest periods, though, as Senex said that he currently doesn't have the spell prepared. I did not get the impression that the many Valsices are that patient. Especially not SarcasmGuile.)
(OOC: They can be patient if they have to. You would have a bit of cabin fever too if you were stuck in a tiny extradimensional hideaway for the better part of eight years ;) Especially if you were Guile and you were stuck in that hideaway with Joy :lol: But they waited this long--they can wait a few more days if need be: It's not like you're giving Eve a particularly large advantage by waiting; everything is waiting on your unsealing the upper tower, so the only difference if you wait is that the Oversoul will eventually reform, which doesn't matter if you don't go bother it.

However, if you unseal the upper area, that patience is gone and all the aspects will recommend maximal haste!)

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: if Baleful polymorph stabilizes Tenebrynn, will dispelling it automatically put him back in the same situation or will it return him to his proper form?)

Remove ads