The Crux of the Matter

Velmont

First Post
"Tenebrynn, I think the choice is yours. We have still some time to plan our things, our only thing that must be done quickly, is your health. What do you choose?" asks Rinaldo obviously worried about the situation.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Remember, nobody has Baleful Polymorph prepared, so any possible plan will have to start with determining how Tenebrynn will survive until that happens. The potion will help somewhat in this)

Erekose13

Explorer
"So we have a potion of eagle's splendor, and an elixir of persuation. That would hopefully let me push through the night. That would give you time to memorize the spell right Senex? You could cast it. Then I could rest the rest of the night, wake up (as a puppy) and then you could dispel the spell? I could then memorize my spells and be ready for the day ahead. Though I wont feel too well, I would still be able to contribute in the fight against Eve." proposes Tenebrynn.

ooc: hopefully that would all work.

Velmont

First Post
"If you want to come with us, I won't stop you... I think I would haev made teh same in your place, but do you really need to be in human form to study your spells. All you need it to read, which you could also do in your puppy form. Also, the eagle splendor potion will last only a few minutes, keep it, if you enter a fight, you might need to drink that potion, so you can cast then keep your form." tells Rinaldo

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I was about to mention the Eagle's Splendour thing, but Rinaldo's advice on that is solid. As to the puppy thing, as I mentioned before, while in puppy form, he loses all class abilities. The trouble, of course, is that he thus can't prep spells, and he can't prep ordinarily because he needs uninterrupted time to study the spells. They could get around this by having Tenebrynn regular-Polymorphed (the short version, but it doesn't eliminate class abilities) a few times while he preps spells)

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: Well I guess he'll try to stay concentrating as long as possible. When it starts to get really impossible he'll apply the elixir. I don't think he can survive the 8 hours required to memorize the Balefull Polymorph. He's at what 4 wisdom?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Senex hasn't been doing anything particularly strenuous most of the time, and he hasn't prepared new spells in a looong time, so technically he should be good to prepare spells much sooner. However, Tenebrynn's life expectancy is only about 10-20 minutes or so without the elixir, so you may want to apply that now--you can't really drink it when you start collapsing)

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: k, plan then is: apply elixir, senex memorize baleful polymorph and dispel magic, cast it as soon as its ready (should be long before the elixir expires), let tenebrynn doggy sleep for 8 hrs, senex cast dispel magic (pretty sure you can auto dispel your own spells even if they are not dismissable), tenebrynn is ready for the next day though has a life expectancy of 10-20 minutes, if any one has eagle's splendor and volunteers to memorize a whack load of them i'm all for that!)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Okey dokey. You can probably make it through several rooms with those 10-20 minutes, as long as you don't have too many people taking 20 on searches.

Another idea is to have someone cast Eagle's Splendour + drink the potion of Eagle's Splendour and then hope you survive the time it takes to prepare spells for Senex (which you most likely will), in which case you can save the Elixir for the next day and have five hours of fight in you. That's risky, but definitely better in the long run if it works
)

Remove ads