The Dance of Souls

SlagMortar

First Post
Beamer nods his head to the lady as she is introduced. "Escaped is hardly the right word. Abandoned to a fate worse than would be permitted under the laws of this land is more accurate."

Xaov

First Post
Very well. I can understand your reasoning. I have no personal qualms with our adjusted contract now that I understand your reasoning.

noticing Mrs. A'larat's motions

Mr. A'larat, we are well aware of your wife's... condition and at least I would prefer for her to keep her distance.

turning his head to Godo.

Mr. Godo if I may.... might I speak to you privately?

SlagMortar

First Post
Beamer shoots an irritated glance at Azaroth for conceeding the point so quickly. We will have to discuss that later, he thinks. He waits for the nobles response before saying anything further.

Xaov

First Post
noticing Beamer's glance Azaroth moves towards him and turns between Beamer and Banion.

I suppose I am being a bit abrasive but while we wait here with her moving towards us like she is. We are being brought closer to being the blood sucker's next meal. It makes me uneasy.

Patlin

Explorer
"Perhaps. Or perhaps the good gentleman are merely clever negotiators taking advantage of local superstition. In any event, we are willing to accept the reduced fee you offer. Shall we conclude this business?"

Knight Otu

First Post
Xaov said:
Very well. I can understand your reasoning. I have no personal qualms with our adjusted contract now that I understand your reasoning.

noticing Mrs. A'larat's motions

Mr. A'larat, we are well aware of your wife's... condition and at least I would prefer for her to keep her distance.
"Yoo vould be ze first." a'Larat states, with a saddened voice, and then, his wife steps into the full sunlight...

... and nothing happens as she slowly moves further towards the gate. "Why don't you just... give them the money... and let me have my children back..."

Xaov said:
Mr. Godo if I may.... might I speak to you privately?
"I see absolutely no reason for secrecy. However, I can arrange for a meeting if you have anything to say that you don't want your companions to hear."

Patlin

Explorer
Knight Otu said:
... and nothing happens as she slowly moves further towards the gate. "Why don't you just... give them the money... and let me have my children back..."

"Pehaps she refers to the art objects? Very well, let it be so."

ooc: Not sure who is holding them, but if they were given to Banion due to the convenience of his handy haversack, he produces them and makes the exchange.

SlagMortar

First Post
With both Azaroth and Banion conceeding to the lower fee, Beamer sees no point in pressing the issue further. Instead, he asks, "How interested are you in acquiring the third piece that these notes indicate? We could gather some more of our fellows and find this piece for you for a fair comission."

Knight Otu

First Post
(I had assumed you brought the cart, but the haversack makes sense, too.)

Godo raises his eyebrow as Azaroth does accept the meeting, despite the wording he used. "I will return to my estate as soon as this exchange is completed. You can accompany me, and I shall grant you a carriage to bring you back to Orussus, or another city of your choosing, once our dealings are complete."

Banion gets the Dance of Souls out of his haversack, noting that they display differently now. The painting is now recognizable as that of a night-time landscape with a number of spirits moving around it, and on the disc, a silver, brass and gold figurine dance. Hastily, the nobles give you your money (you note that the 500 gold are included - you got full pay after all), and Lady a'Larat takes the painting. "Returned you have, from darkest grasp, when all you want, is dance in ..." She starts to dance herself, back to the house, holding the painting much like a dancing partner. Her voice quickly trails of, humming.
"Ai had hoped she vould stai eenside. Ai apohlogise fohr ahny deescomfohrt mai wife may hahve caused." a'Larat quickly says. Godo takes the disc again. The documents are brought to a local scribe for copying, so that the two nobles can plan and examine them seperately.

Remove ads