The Dance of Souls

Knight Otu

First Post
Xaov said:
[sblock]Very well. I won't push the issue. But in the event you feel I'm worthy of being told. I will gladly listen. I wonder if I might ask you a few questions about recent events in town. On the way to our inn we overheard a man talking about Spirits. Saying he saw a lot of spirits at A'larat's estate. Upon further inquiry of the man another one spoke of past rantings pertaining to Giant Rats being throughout the city.

He was the second one to speak of Mrs. A'larat as being a vampire. Having been told earlier by a member of the talon that A'larat was keeping a vampire. I believed him. But now, after what has been seen. I'm not quite sure how much of it should be written off as drunken musings.

Tell me, have there been any odd things going on lately? Anything that might give a basis to the man's claim?
[/sblock]
[sblock]"Talon? Is that some kind of thieves guild? Such brigands are rarely good sources of information. And I honestly cannot tell you about going-ons in the city, I was busy enough keeping up to news of Diarun to keep up with the runnings of a different city. Did hear a bit about rats, but nothing more, and honestly, which city has no rats?"[/sblock]

Xaov

First Post
wow if 3.0 xp tables are accurate we were only about 459 xp away from leveling up twice with that. Regardless 3rd level ftw.

Xaov

First Post
[sblock]The talon was the crime syndicate that your two thieves were going to. A keep off in the mountains was one of their bases. Perhaps you've heard of it. The Keep of Bloodstained dreams? That hellish place was where we found your pieces.

As for the rats, yes all cities have rats. But this man spoke of Giant rats. But like you said you were busy with Diarun at the time.

It is true that brigands, would normally be unreliable people for information. But when you are at the mercy of someone else you tend to answer their questions a bit more truthfully.
[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
Banion's intentions are to return the borrowed cart, horse and artwork and then to head to the RDI.

6,250 gp / 4 = 1,562.5 gp each

Banion will repay Beamer the 633 gp he borrowed.

Knight Otu

First Post
Xaov said:
[sblock]The talon was the crime syndicate that your two thieves were going to. A keep off in the mountains was one of their bases. Perhaps you've heard of it. The Keep of Bloodstained dreams? That hellish place was where we found your pieces.

As for the rats, yes all cities have rats. But this man spoke of Giant rats. But like you said you were busy with Diarun at the time.

It is true that brigands, would normally be unreliable people for information. But when you are at the mercy of someone else you tend to answer their questions a bit more truthfully.
[/sblock]
[sblock]"Well, since it was proven that your prisoner lied at least once, I do not think you should worry overmuch. Just notify the authorities you turned him to about the lie."[/sblock]

Xaov

First Post
[sblock]I suppose you are right. But I don't plan to mention to anyone what was said to us. Even if it is a lie.

Are we near your estate Mr. Godo?
[/sblock]

Knight Otu

First Post
Xaov said:
[sblock]I suppose you are right. But I don't plan to mention to anyone what was said to us. Even if it is a lie.

Are we near your estate Mr. Godo?
[/sblock]
[sblock]"Not nearly, but I can arrange for a carriage abck easily, if that was all.""[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
Xaov said:
wow if 3.0 xp tables are accurate we were only about 459 xp away from leveling up twice with that. Regardless 3rd level ftw.

xp breakpoints are at 1,000 3,000 and 6,000. Unless I've screwed up the math somehow, I'm showing an xp total of 4,521... we need another 1,500 or so to hit 4th level. Let me know if I've messed up and dropped a thousand xp or something.

Xaov

First Post

Yay for basic math skills

I went over the figures again. It turns out somewhere along the line I added an imaginary 1000.

/sigh

Though I think you missed out on some xp

before this one I had myself at 1371 xp. Plus the 3170 for each of us.

1371+

so a total of 4541 xp for each of us.

Last edited:

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: Thanks for the great game KO! It was really challenging without a frontliner.

Beamer had 1288 XP before this. I think we each had slightly different XP counts since we split up. Azaroth and Gur encountered some wild dogs and Banion snuck back in to Tennar's. It's cool to be 3rd level. This is my first character to have a lot of cash to spend. Scrolls, Scrolls, Scrolls and a Handy Haversack!

Last edited:

Remove ads