• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Darkness That Comes Before [IC]

Ghostknight

First Post
Standing behind the woman Gespath adresses her

A few questions for you. First, who and what are you? Second, what are you doing here? Third what is with the plant bears and the last one for the moment - just what is this in your back? Please answer- I really don;t know how good my surgical skills are! The last bit emphasised by sliding the knife blade along the hump!

Erekose13

Explorer
The woman looks up at Gespeth staring him straight in the eye. Her brow furrows and her eyelids narrow giving you one of the most evil looking expressions you have ever seen. She remains silent through the first few questions but when you ask about the hump on her back you get a reaction, perhaps not the one you were looking for though. She smiles a little as your dagger touches the hump and says, "Those are my friends." The small sphincter at the nape of the neck opens quickly and small spiders quickly swarm out of the hole, up your knife and begin crawling all over you. The others see a black mass of spiders crawl up Gespeth's arm, swarming all over him. The tiny spiders find flesh where ever they can, sinking their poison into your blood. After only a few moments you feel very weak from the bites. [ooc: failed fort save, 4 Str dmg]

Ghostknight

First Post
Erekose13 said:
. The tiny spiders find flesh where ever they can, sinking their poison into your blood. After only a few moments you feel very weak from the bites. [ooc: failed fort save, 4 Str dmg]

ooc AARGH, I just knew that hump was bad news!

Gespath drops to the ground, rolling and aquirming, trying to squash as many of the little spiders as he can-swatting at them with his hands as well.

Thanee

First Post
Dara Dragondaughter

Dara, quite ungallant, kicks the woman at the shoulder, so she ends up with her back on the ground and then puts one foot on her chest, pointing her sword down and putting the tip on her neck.

“Stop them! Now!”

She gives her only a few seconds before she starts to push the blade further down...

Erekose13

Explorer
The woman smirks until Dara's sword bite into her. "All right." she says, clearly pained from the blood now running out of the wound. She nudges Gespeth with he foot and the spiders leave him, running up her leg and swarming over her until they have all returned to the confines of the hump on her back. The sphincter closes again, all the spiders hidden.

Thanee

First Post
Dara Dragondaughter

“Do this again, and you die.”

Dara then raises her sword and steps back.

“Now, answer the questions!”

Erekose13

Explorer
Trying to move her bound hands to staunch the wounds, the woman looks up at Dara then numbly begins answering the questions. "I am called the Hound and we were here to study these runes. The plant bears? oh you mean our friends, they are bears infected with a disease called the Blight." She stops there, waiting for more questions.

Ghostknight

First Post
Groaning as he sits up, feeling the burning of the poison in his veins, Gespath fingers his dagger while looking at the women

A few more questions then Hound. What is that Menhir, what significance are those runes? Who are you working for and who told you about us? And while we're about it, when are those flying friends of yours coming back?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads