• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Darkness That Comes Before [IC]

Thanee

First Post
Dara Dragondaughter

Meanwhile, Dara distracts herself, by punching holes into the ground with her sword, driving it a few inches into the ground, turning the blade left, then right, and retracting it, only to repeat the process.

Erekose13

Explorer
Encouraged to spill her guts by the bleeding wound Dara's sword had inflicted, the Hound continues, "This runestone was one of four sealing the Golkuroeth Tree prison for my master Kaerthenys the Plagueborn. When he is free you shall all feel his poison. Already your horse over there has been infected with his divine blight." glancing over at Ian's bow and Dara's sword, she continues,

"The runes here hold the key to freeing my master who is held prisoner within the heart of the tree. Only now that the ancient seals are breaking can we read the runes. The second appocalypse is here!" She lets her enthusiasm get the best of her before continuing.

"Told us about you, I am not sure what you mean? No one told us about you. We have been sent here to uncover the secrets of the runes and keep the secret of it's opening quiet. As you are in the woods, one or more of our agents will find you again and make sure that you never make it out of here alive, like Skezzram my flying friend as you put it."

As it is quite obvious that she is willing to talk, any other questions you have are answered promptly. Though every once in a while you see her checking the sky above the clearing over your shoulder. It is currently early afternoon and it will still be a few hours before sunset.

Ghostknight

First Post
Looking at Dara, Gespath comments

I think we need to prepare for company.

Gespath then shouts to the others

Keep a sharp eye, I think we can expect company any moment now!

Turning to the Hound he asks her

So, when are your flying friends returning? And just how do we cure this blight you have inflicted on our companion's horse? And where is this tree containing your master?

Last edited:

Quirhid

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Encouraged to spill her guts by the bleeding wound Dara's sword had inflicted, the Hound continues, "This runestone was one of four sealing the Golkuroeth Tree prison for my master Kaerthenys the Plagueborn. When he is free you shall all feel his poison. Already your horse over there has been infected with his divine blight." glancing over at Ian's bow and Dara's sword, she continues,

"Are you suggesting that Sadet is sick?" Taneth asks. Briefly observing his horse over his shoulder he keeps his aim.

Thanee

First Post
Dara Dragondaughter

“So, is your master free already? And where is this prison tree you speak of? Is it your doings here, which are responsible for the state of the forest now, or is it the nearing presence of your great master? Or what else might be the source for this blight? Tell them!”

Once she has asked her questions, Dara nods towards Gespath and after cleaning the tip of her blade again, sheathes the large sword only to move towards a point of the clearing, where she can take watch.

“Call me, if she stops talking, so I can continue my work!”

She says it loud enough for the Hound to hear her words.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
The moment the spiders escaped from the disgusting creature on the woman's back, Mahe moved to Gespath's side. "Hold still, lad. I kin help with the poison." He has Gespeth lie down and hold still to slow the poison's spread and gives hima healing herb or two.

Heal +10 against the secondary effects.

As he works, Mahe listens to the Hound speak. He is grinding his teeth together. He turns to Nalya. "Dae this all sound right, lass?" he asks tersely. He looks at the bear's corpses, and then turns suddenly to the woman. "Tell me about the blight."

Ferrix

Explorer
"Well ain't it wonderful then, I'm not out for bein' out in the open when I can be jumped from the sky so I'll be movin' on under cover of the forest." With that Donner calls his dogs to him and moves towards a close forested area with relatively dense and unmanagable canopy. He rests his lance across his lap, his shield within arms reach and his crossbow cradled in tense wait.

Erekose13

Explorer
ghostknight said:
So, when are your flying friends returning? And just how do we cure this blight you have inflicted on our companion's horse? And where is this tree containing your master?

Seeing Dara turn away for a moment she spits on the ground at your question, but continues as the noise draws Dara's gaze once again. "They should have stopped you from reaching us already. The blight cannot be cured, it is a divine blessing from Kaerthenys. Consider your horse blessed to join us. The tree is off west in the deeper forest." At her directions, Nalya nods, agreeing that that was the tree she had been leading you to.

Quirhid said:
"Are you suggesting that Sadet is sick?"
"Oh, yes, you can already see the way he is all bony losing weight and his head drops more than a horse would normally carry it. Soon the bubbos will start to form under his legs and then it is only a matter of time before he joins the Plagueborn's legions." She says, looking Sadet over to confirm her predictions. Indeed small green pustules have begun forming beneath his back legs.

Thanee said:
“So, is your master free already? And where is this prison tree you speak of? Is it your doings here, which are responsible for the state of the forest now, or is it the nearing presence of your great master? Or what else might be the source for this blight? Tell them!”
"We are working to free him, but according to this menhir it is only a matter of time now. The rituals have been complete and soon his might will be released once more upon the world. Our presence? no, it is my master's presence for from him all plagues are given life. We discovered the means to begin spreading the blight when we first entered the Golkuroeth Tree."

Thomas Hobbes said:
Heal +10 against the secondary effects.
The poison has been halted, it will no longer trouble Gespeth.

[ooc: think i got it all there. sorry if my posts are a bit erratic, my wife and i are preparing for an intercontinental move back to canada in a couple weeks. so i dont have a lot of time online.]

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Ian listens to the interrogation with interest, nodding inwardly as the story seems to confirm what they had already learned. He sighs quietly when he notices the infection on the horse, it was unfortunate that it would have to be put down.
"I think we have learned all that we need to know from this abomination," he says in an indifferent voice, "Perhaps it is time to dissect her. It could be useful to learn more of the nature of her infection, and she is clearly of no more use to us now."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads