The Darkness That Comes Before [IC]

Thanee

First Post
Dara Dragondaughter

Dara meanwhile turns to Taneth, talking in a whisper, so the Hound cannot hear her: “I'm sorry for your horse, I wish I could help you there. But don't kill her in anger. It won't help you. Believe me, I've learned this lesson the hard way, don't go there. It might be strange advice coming from me, but it really is what seperates us from them, that we can show mercy and compassion. I'll cut her down without a moment of hesitation, if the situation is right, but now, that she is bound and helpless... let's just leave her here for her friends as a little warning. We have more important matters to attend!”

She then moves over to the Hound and looks down to her. “Listen carefully! If we ever meet again, my sword will cut you, not just bruise you. And we both know what that means.”

Afterwards she goes back to watching the surroundings until everyone is ready to depart.

Ghostknight

First Post
Gespeth nods.

Very well, you seem to be truthful for the moment. I will replace the gag, I do not want any untoward warnings or spells when your friends return!

So, we need to prepare for the flying one and three tree folk, anyone know more about these treefolk? What it is we could be facing?

Gespath moves to gag her and then moves into cover to remain hidden when the others return.

Serpenteye

First Post
Ian turns back from studying the writing on the stone, looking at Dara and Gespeth for a moment. Then he shakes his head a fraction and turns back to the studies, they would discover the folly of their naivéty soon enough. Their enemy would return their mercy with a knife in the back, but the truth of that was something they would have to experience for themselves.

Quirhid

First Post
Taneth snorts and lowers his bow. Dara has a point, I'm not a cruel man. Even when it's hopeless to try to save Sadet, I still couldn't kill the helpless woman. Curse it!

With a sigh and a sad face, the elf turns to Dara. "Could you kill Sadet? I mean, I couldn't hurt him. I just can't... Just please, don't let him suffer, okay? I need to clear my thoughts." Taneth walks away from the others to give Sadet a last stroke. Then he continues to the forest so that no one can see him.

Thanee

First Post
Dara Dragondaughter

“We don't even know, whether she spoke the truth, or whether she even knows all about these matters. Maybe there is a way to cure it. Nalya might know more about this.”

Quirhid

First Post
Thanee said:
“We don't even know, whether she spoke the truth, or whether she even knows all about these matters. Maybe there is a way to cure it. Nalya might know more about this.”

"She had no reason to lie, Dara, and if she spoke the truth there's nothing we can do."

Ferrix

Explorer
Quirhid said:
"She had no reason to lie, Dara, and if she spoke the truth there's nothing we can do."

"If ya can't see what she's doing at the least let Nalya look into it before you kill yer horse. She may well be plain cruel or worse yet, trying to manipulate you into killing yer own horse, devastating to put one you consider a friend out of their misery," a gruff sigh escapes his lips, "at least if you aren't used to it yet."

Turning towards Ian, Donner says, "I'm not the greatest shot at range, so if you can catch whatever flies in with that cocoon thing of yours, I'll do my best to take care of it on the ground."

Serpenteye

First Post
Ian speaks thoughtfully under his breath, touching the writing on the menhir softly "We should probably destroy these inscriptions, but not before we have copied them, and not before the plagueborn reinforcements arrive. We will need some more time with our prisoner..."

He turns when Donner approaches him, "Hm. If it comes close enough I can. I've never tried that trick on a flying creature before, it will be interesting to see what happens.
But let's get everybody out of this clearing and into some cover, for now. We can't do anything about the deceased, but it's probably best if we can make our enemies think that we have left the area."
He looks at the bound woman, "Do you think you could carry her by yourself, or do you need a hand?"

Ghostknight

First Post
We can't do much about the deceased- but we can prop them up etc so it looks ok from a distance. If the area is deserted they will be very suspicious

Remove ads