The Dread Pirate Roberts

Len

Prodigal Member
You have to consider, Buttercup, would you rather be thought of as stupid by smart people or by stupid people?

Closer to topic: I was chatting the other day with someone who's playing Buttercup in a Neverwinter Nights campaign. She wasn't entirely happy with the way the character is turning out - Buttercup doesn't get to do very much after all, and she's ending up kind of passive I think.

I didn't ask her if Westley in that game is more powerful / higher level than everyone else. Would you have to set him up that way, to match the book? Would that make for a fun game, or would everyone else feel neglected and ripped off?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Buttercup was an extremely passive character; I'm not convinced that the immortal S. Morgenstern wrote female characters very well in that story.

so, the question is: do I move this to Rogue's Gallery or the Movie/Book forum? I think I'll choose neither, unless this takes a clear turn one way or another. :)

guedo79

Explorer
No no. Read the Book.

I always loved the movie but after reading the book, I can't watch it without wanting to crack open the book again.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Oh that's just great. Now I HAVE to get Complete Warrior.
Hmm.

Might I interest you in a piece of real estate with a close scenic view of an active volcano?

:p

Don't be in such a rush. Trust me as an owner of said book.

Ranger REG said:
Hmm.

Might I interest you in a piece of real estate with a close scenic view of an active volcano?

:p

Don't be in such a rush. Trust me as an owner of said book.
Fine. Fine fine...I'll just 'borrow' it from one of my Players.

...but as for that Volcano spot. How much? :D

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Macbeth said:
Would you believe it was just a typo?

No :)

Interestingly, I prefer the movie to the book.

The book is... fine, in my opinion, but the movie is superlative.

It's one of the very, very few cases I can ever remember liking a movie more than the book it's based on.

-Hyp.

Remove ads