The Dread Pirate Roberts

Stormrunner

Explorer
Heh.
My old gaming group back in college had a player who loved to make characters with "underutilized" skills - if the party was mostly kick-in-the-door fighters, she'd be the one with high levels of Appraise, Handle Animal, and Knowledge:Engineering (or the equivalents). One game she made a character who, due to the interaction of stats and skill points, had an unusually high base skill in Operate Heavy Machinery. She then proceeded to specialize and pump additional points into it, ending up as something like a Shadowrun "rigger" (combat driver/drone operator):
"My name is Indigo Montoya. My father was killed by a six-fingered man driving a bulldozer. Since that day, I have dedicated my life to the study of construction equipment ... I will go up to the six-fingered man and say "Hello. My name is Indigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to go squish."

Welverin

First Post
P=kitty I think it's time for a migration

Buttercup said:
Yeah, I know it's really spelled Westly. But everytime I do that, I get all sorts of people telling me I spelled it wrong. So I just gave up. And now, it turns out that there's someone else who knows how to spell it! :p

Well you can blame people too much, after all half the cast of the movie gets it wrong.

I first saw the movie when it was on tv and my brother insisted we watch it instead of The Empire Strikes Back, which is what I wanted to see. Naturally with him being two years older he won, it worked out alright in the end though.

Olive

Explorer
MerakSpielman said:
You can tell it's all written by the same person just looking at the writing style of "S. Morgenstern's" prose and the prose of the real author from the (long-winded) introduction. Funny that somebody thought it was real, though.

No you can't. If it was abridged translation then the style might completely change from the original.

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Hypersmurf said:
Ever read Michael Crichton's "Eaters of the Dead" - the source material for "The Thirteenth Warrior"?

-Hyp.

Yes.

And having admitted that I shall go wash myself in the cold waters of shame...

Of course I only read Crichton's version because I love Beowulf. Not because of the pictures...

TTFN

EvilE

Remove ads