The Dread Pirate Roberts

Rugger

Explorer
MerakSpielman said:
S. Morgenstern isn't REAL????

;)

You can tell it's all written by the same person just looking at the writing style of "S. Morgenstern's" prose and the prose of the real author from the (long-winded) introduction. Funny that somebody thought it was real, though.

Better watch out...she's in a surly mood today...good thing she doesn't read these boards :D

-Rugger
"I FearHerRage!"

MerakSpielman

First Post
You don't want to know how many times I had to watch that movie before I could understand Andre the Giant.

And I was planning on providing the 4th line myself, buddy.

Princess Bride is just so chock-full of excellent lines I could quote them all day. :)

MerakSpielman

First Post
Rugger said:
Better watch out...she's in a surly mood today...good thing she doesn't read these boards :D
Oh, I don't care. You're the one who has to deal with her moods, man, not me. What's her email address? I can point her at this thread... :D

Sirius_Black

First Post
MerakSpielman said:
You don't want to know how many times I had to watch that movie before I could understand Andre the Giant.

Yes, Andre, God rest his soul, could be hard in understanding. Granted, he wasn't quite as bad as Brad Pitt in Snatch which has subtitles for the DVD of that film.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Sirius_Black said:
Yes, Andre, God rest his soul, could be hard in understanding.

"I aaa the Tree Paaa Twabbles! Thea ill beee nooo survaaaavaaaaaa! The Tree Paaa Twabbles is hee fuyo sooooooars..."

Heh.

-Hyp.

Imperialus

Explorer
There won't be a honeymoon since I plan on killing myself as soon as we get to the bedroom
Won't that be nice.... SHE KISSED ME!

My sister once bought enough goldfish that she named them after almost every single character in the movie.

Last edited:

MerakSpielman

First Post
Scarbonac said:
"...you do not, by chance, have six fingers on your right hand, do you...?"
"Do you always begin conversations this way?"
"My father was slaughtered by a six-fingered man. He was a great sword-maker, my father. When the six-fingered man appeared and requested a special sword, my father took the job. He slaved a year before he was done."
"I've never seen its equal."
"Six-fingered man returned and demanded it...but at one-tenth his promised price. My father refused. Without a word, the six-fingered man slashed him through the heart. I loved my father, so naturally I challenged this man to a duel. I failed...six-fingered man leave me alive, but he gave me this, and this."
"How old were you?"
"I was eleven years old. When I was strong enough, I dedicated my life to the study of fencing; so the next time we meet I will not fail. I will go up to the six-fingered man and say 'Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.'"
"You've done nothing but study sword-play?"
"More pursue more than study lately. You see, I cannot find him...it's been twenty years now and I'm starting to lose confidence. I just work for Vizzini to pay the bills. There's not a lot of money in revenge."
"Well I....I certainly hope you find him someday."
"You all ready then?"
"Whether I am or not, you've been more than fair."
"You seem a decent fellow...I hate to kill you."
"You seem a decent fellow...I hate to die."
"Begin."

And before you start thinking I'm crazy-obsessed with the movie, click here.

edit: I just noticed that throughout that script they spell Westly wrong.

Last edited:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
MerakSpielman said:
And before you start thinking I'm crazy-obsessed with the movie...

Ha.

I could've done that from memory.

I've lost count of the number of times I've watched The Princess Bride, but it's into triple figures.

-Hyp.

Scarbonac

Not An Evil Twin
*sigh*

I do so love that movie; IIRC, I got turned onto it by a coworker many moons ago when I worked at a video store. She'd drive me nuts quoting Vezzini and threatening to flash the customers with the black dove tattooed on her right boob.

Remove ads