The EN World FREE Character Portrait Request Thread!

Painfully

First Post
I lost my favorite "mad" chef! Actually, he's not really mad, he's quite happy serving appetizers and main courses to all the patrons of the "Four Winds Inn." But there is a reason he keeps to the basement.

In his memory, I was hoping somebody could compose a nice picture of him in all his chopping glory. Here's a description:

Male, halfling, 4th-level barbarian, wears a butcher's apron and carries a big cleaver. His hair looks a bit wild and unkept, but being a halfling he is beardless.

He works in the basement kitchen of an well-established but remotely located Inn. Hanging from hooks behind him might be a rack of various cleavers, knives, pots, pans, a side of a human corpse, etc. (of course, it is being drained of blood). Corpses often come down through a chute in the wall, where they will wait to be prepared for the next night's meal. Sometimes there might be two or three bodies--must be a banquet tonight!

Yes, they only serve the best food out here. Strange, isn't it, that they don't really keep any livestock on hand? But, nobody seems to notice after they've been on the desolate road at least a week away from civilization. All they want is some hot food, and a tall ale, and I make sure to give them plenty of both!
--------------------

Hey, anything goes, it's not me sketching this thing, right? I will say that I was quite disappointed when the poor guy got hacked by the party's barbarian in what was shaping up to be a toe-to-toe even fight.

If anybody wants to sketch the mad chef losing against a female half-orc barbarian with a greatsword, that could be cool too! The fight happened in the kitchen, of course!

Last edited:

Ferret

Explorer
I've already got a sketch like thing for that character! Not before you made the request, I mean but I just drew it, He has a human sized apron... is that ok?

Phoenix8008

First Post
Okay, my character is Rrai-kesh, a tiger-man in an oriental martial arts type world. Here is part of his description:

Rrai-kesh is a Tiger-man standing between 6 and 7 feet tall. His body is covered in orange fur with black stripes. His claws are sharp and deadly. His muscles are hard and strong and his sinous movements show how quick and dextrous he must be.

His current companion is his battle cat, Gal-kerr. A very large tiger, he serves as both mount and friend to Rrai-kesh in this strange land.

Rrai-kesh, or Rrai for short, has come to this land to learn what he can of it fabled fighting styles. He means to return to his tribe one day so that he can secretly teach his clan members the powerful combat skills that will enable them to defeat their enemies.

As for more thorough description of costume and such, he might have a bare chest or maybe a bandolier going over one shoulder down to his belt which is a martial arts type black belt. There is also a phoenix grasping an 8-pointed star in it's claws on his shoulder bandolier. Maybe even with a Yin-Yang symbol in the center of the star? A martial arts weapon or two might be on him also. Kamas most likely. And his forearms should be cloth-wrapped in that cris-crossing way you see in anime cartoons.(Hopefully you understand what I'm meaning by this?) If there was any way to include his battle cat companion in the pic also, that would be ultimate.

Thanks for you consideration!

Edit- The Phoenix, Star, and Yin/Yang symbol dont have to be all together like I described them. They could even be tattoos of some sort. Having at least one of them be a tattoo might even be better.

Iscariot

First Post
Taking a chance someone will draw it..heh

Ashimar Arikel Aleanrahel
Human with the half-fey template
Cleric/4, Mystic Wanderer/10, Contemplative/1, Bard/1
Priest of Sune, the Goddess of Love, Beauty, and Passion

Played in the Forgotten Realms

Long crimson-black hair with exotic black and crimson eyes. The eyes are slightly almond-shaped, reflecting his fey heritage. while he does have the wings half-fey do, he has used a wish spell to give them the ability to meld into his back when not in use, making him bettter able to mingle in society.

He is tall, around 6'3" and his body has a subtle, supple musculature. Think swimmer or gymnast...not body builder or wrestler. He is very agile, moving with a feline grace. As befits his deity, he is very attractive. Due to his heritage, he has the angled features most associated with elves, but without the pointed ears. He is clean shaven

He wears crimson velvet robes, worn open, with black suede leggings underneath that cross-stitch up the sides revealing part of his legs. With these he wears folded down swashbucker boots and a crimson silk poet's shirt that shows off his chest.

He weilds a whip, the weapon of Sune. He is never without his Handy Haversack, custom made, which is black and crimson leather. He wears an amulet with Sune's holy symbol so that it lies on his bare chest. Ornate braces adorn his wrists and several rings on his fingers, 2magical, of course.

He does not wear any armour, making use of the mystic wanderer benefits and always has a roguish look on his face, as if he is up to something.

That's the generalities...I leave the rest open to artistic interpretation.

BTW: If it's pretty good, I am willing to pay to have the rest of my party have their pictures done. I lack any artistic talent whatsoever. heh

Thank you!

nute

Explorer
Oh heck, why not?

Character in my roommate's homebrew campaign:

Durin Trailfinder: human Clr8/Rog4

Defining stats: Str 20 (22 with Gauntlets of Ogre Power).
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 280lbs
Hair: Red, long and unkempt, somewhat loose braids in the back, short on the sides.
Eyes: Brown
Distinguishing features: Scar across neck, close to collarbone (necromancer's dagger). Dark green tattoo of climbing ivy from right side of neck up over the jaw to the corner of his right eye. Deep tan resulting from years of outdoor living.

Clothing: +2 Studded Leather, with ironwood studs instead of metal. Live growth of ivy wrapped around left arm (holy symbol). High boots of soft leather, leather leggings/kilt. The aforementioned Gauntlets of Ogre Power. Belt with numerous woodland survival items (healing potions, canteen/waterskin, map case).

Major items: Horn of fog, Dagger of Venom, pair of +2 holy shortswords (wooden grips, ivory-and-silver blades).

Henry

Autoexreginated
Character concept to illustrate, if anyone is willing.

Hi, all! I've never actually asked for nor commissioned character art before, but one character I played about two years ago has really stuck with me - he developed a life of his own, so to speak. :) I'll describe him here, and if anyone takes a liking to the little guy enough to give drawing him a try, I'll be thrilled.

==============================

Filirw Cormobel of Corm Orp ("Buckshot")

Pronounced "fil-EER-weh COR-mo-bel"

Filirw (or Buckshot, after his nickname) is a halfling of unusual size and stature for a lightfoot halfling of the Forgotten Realms Western Heartlands. He stands approximately 3' 4" tall, with expressive green eyes in the midst of his squat, bald and hairless face. He is stocky for a halfling, possibly some Ghostwise Halfling blood in his family has done this, but his spirit is surely lightfoot as they come.

He dresses in explorer's clothing, light leathers, boots, and breeches, but covered with several small pockets for putting items in that he has collected on any given adventure. His black magical studded leather is enchanted to help darken his overall appearance when trying to hide, and help him hide more effectively. He dresses with a travellers cap (a somewhat foppish cap, almost like a narrow-brimmed cowboy hat, complete with white feather).

He carries a brace of daggers, and a short bow, as well as a small back-pack. The shortbow is a Shortbow of Shock, and the daggers are enchanted keen teeth of a large Fang Dragon.

His most distinctive feature is his EXCESSIVE body hair. He is not so hairy as to be simian, but he is very hirsuite, as his arms, legs, torso, and feet are as thick-haired as a very hairy human. He works on his hygeine actively, so he is no more or less gamey than his fellow adventurers, but he gave up trying to shave long ago, since it grew back almost fully within a week, anyway. (Think of the old character Puck from the Marvel Alpha Flight Comic, and you will get an idea of his look.)

Despite this, he is a very dexterous individual, and an extremely accomplished shot with both dagger and short bow. He grew up in the ways of a warrior, and as a scout in his home domain of Corm Orp, fighting Zhentish troops from Darkhold. He got his name Buckshot from his one-time event as a youth of killing a 7-point buck in one arrow shot from far range. His family celebrated the little boy, and his career in Corm Orps scout/archery corps was assured.

He was mandatorily mustered out when he mysteriously disappeared one day. His family never knew about his being abducted by a Giant Roc who was one day looking for building materials for a nest. (He was in the tree at the time.)

=============================

God, it was fun just writing about him. :) Anyway, if he does interest anyone, and they want more info, I'll be glad to give it.

Chain Lightning

First Post
Bozidar said:
1st -- Thank you sooo much for trying this out :) It's hugely appreciated, and i'm very greatful for the effort, no matter the result.

You're welcome. :) I hope you like the finished product!

I did start to have fun drawing this guy. Actually, what I thought would be a quick sketch (of just the paladin by himself) turned into a bit more as my pencil started wandering about the paper. Heh heh.

So I was sitting around on my spare time goofing off, watching tv, etc, etc.....and instead of just finishing the picture early, I started to draw the rocks he was standing on....then the stuff behind that , then...more ruins....then...aw what the heck, let's draw his dire lion in the background too! You can sort of tell that the originally drawing only was suppose to be him, because the background and stuff has even more of a messy sketchy line art than the main figure. Heck, I didn't even lay out perspective lines or anything. I just kind of fudged it all. Like I said, my hand just started wandering about the page. So you other artists may spot some perspective errors. Yeah, I know they're there....I normally do lay out the perspective lines....but I just kept this one pretty casual.

Given more time, I could see cleaning up this picture even more. Y'know, design the ruins better maybe. As they are, they're just kind of 'off the top of my head' type design. But my apologies, my goal is to keep these drawings quick and fast. Like an exercise. I could noodle around with them forever, but then you'd never seen them done! :D

As an artist, I'm always trying to work on my speed. So yah, doing these character drawings for you guys is fun! But hey...it also helps me keep in practice right?

Anyway, hope you like it.

Attachments

• Paladin&Lion(s).jpg
    Paladin&Lion(s).jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 4,351
Last edited:

Bozidar

First Post
wow.. Chain.. like it?

Words can't say :)

That is an AWESOME picture!!!

Thank you so much for doing this :) I've already showed it to my DM, and he's blown away too. Even the little details like the lioness not having a shaggy mane. The crest of Corellon on the sword is noticable, but subtle. The sword itself is GREAT. His armor is just how i described it, functional but not ornate the way his sword and scabbard are. His head, and face, are just like i imagined, as is his build.

This is awesome, Chain :) You deserve all the praise in the world :)

Now i know as an artist you're critical of it, but as one who has no talent for these kinds of things, it's just made my day -- and i was having a pretty :):):):)ty day!! LOL!

and btw.. i don't care that it took you a while :) Sure.. i was checking this thread 3-6 times a day because i was so excited that you were going to do this, but like christmas morning, it was well worth the wait!

Iscariot

First Post
Bozidar said:
wow.. Chain.. like it?

Words can't say :)

That is an AWESOME picture!!!

Thank you so much for doing this :) I've already showed it to my DM, and he's blown away too. Even the little details like the lioness not having a shaggy mane. The crest of Corellon on the sword is noticable, but subtle. The sword itself is GREAT. His armor is just how i described it, functional but not ornate the way his sword and scabbard are. His head, and face, are just like i imagined, as is his build.

This is awesome, Chain :) You deserve all the praise in the world :)

Now i know as an artist you're critical of it, but as one who has no talent for these kinds of things, it's just made my day -- and i was having a pretty :):):):)ty day!! LOL!

and btw.. i don't care that it took you a while :) Sure.. i was checking this thread 3-6 times a day because i was so excited that you were going to do this, but like christmas morning, it was well worth the wait!

I have to agree and could not state it better than you did. The work is outstanding!
I threw my character description up there in the slim hopes that my character would be brought to such life.

As always, though, I look forward to seeing any work the artists at ENWorld provide. The talent shown here is well above standard and it makes me jealous because I cannot even draw a stick figure...lol :D

veinglory

First Post
Ashimar Arikel Aleanrahel

I am spending 8 hours on a plane on Moday -- and would like to spend part of it having a go at Ashimar Arikel Aleanrahel. This assumes thet don't confiscate my mechanical pencil as a potential terrorist weapon. I won't be able to do colour -- but can look at adding that if you like the pencil version... You can see my art at http://billplee.epilogue.net if you are curious.

Em.

Remove ads