EN World The ENWorld PbP Massacre Discussion

ccs

41st lv DM
Well, my character I made is safe... I'd saved it on my end a few days before so I could edit it up a few lvs for a new game I was joining.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I saw a suggestion that depending on how email notifications are set up, the game GMs may have a lot of content emailed to them by the site as things went along? Crossing fingers.

I was GM-ing 2 games that both started within the past 3-4 months. I've lost everything I had. These were homebrew games and, while I had some notes on my side, I don't know if I'll be able to fully recover everything / anything. Very disappointed.

I hope we can continue the Treasure map, I was having fun and was intrigued :)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Back when I joined, this used to occur more frequently. It's a shame, but I find that it culls the games where involvement was so-so. The games with a lot of traction tend to get back up quickly.
I'm just glad the site is back up, I was anxious to get my PBP daily fix! ;-)
Cheers,

SG

Jago

Explorer
I was GM-ing 2 games that both started within the past 3-4 months. I've lost everything I had. These were homebrew games and, while I had some notes on my side, I don't know if I'll be able to fully recover everything / anything. Very disappointed.

Was definitely enjoying your WoD game: I do hope you will continue that if you get the gumption and muse to do so again.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I'm going to have to rebuild my Realmsian Dragonstar game from scratch. I managed to get most of it back through Google Cache and I'm hoping to get the rest of it back through the e-mail notifications of one (or more) of my players. I have around 90 to 95% of what is needed to keep it going. The OOC thread will start from scratch with any of the previous posts, unless there was something in the first few pages that my players really want (if it's in the Google Cache). The Rogues Gallery thread will go up once I've rebuilt the IC thread.

It's going to be tougher to keep my Aerie of the Crow God and Bard's Gate pbp games going. Those two games got gutted and Google Cache was very incomplete. My goal is to keep them going, but only if my player's are still keen to keep playing. I might abandon one (or both) of them and start up a different game. Either that or they'll go on hiatus until I can rebuild the core details of the campaign. (Bard's Gate looks like it's going to be tough.)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Another tip is look through your e-mail notifications for all your PbP games. You won't be able to recover your posts this way, but you can recover (some of) your player's posts. How much you get will depend on how often you visit the site. If you're on E.N. World a lot, you might get almost everything.

For all my players who see this thread, please check your e-mail for EN World notifications and let me know what you have by PM.

Shayuri

First Post
That's a real bummer about your games, Knightfall. :(

On a purely selfish level, I'm glad the Dragonstar game will be continuing more or less unscathed, but it's hard to lose so much on the other ones.

Sadly, I don't use email notifications so I can't help in that regard.

Remove ads