The Forges of the Mountain King Chapter 1- Bottom's Up!

hairychin

First Post
Kathra

"Ooh now....I remember....what was it now....ok just give me a minute....thats it, got it....here we go....I think."

Kathra looks up and ahead at the goblins, then turns slightly, and looking at no-one in particular states simply "We never really liked chess did we?" whilst making a dismissive gesture with a flick of her wrist.

For a split second nothing happens, then a slight glow appears in the midst of the chess players on the board and then explodes with force covering the surrounding area.

OOC: Fountain of Flame, Burst 1 centred on O87, see attacks & damage below, miss is still half damage, and fire remains causing 5 damage to any enemy that enters or ends their turn within it.

OOC: 3rd roll should have been O86

OOC: GM: I could do with knowing who is still up and fighting before I decide what to do with other actions - thanks

Last edited:

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
"Ooh now....I remember....what was it now....ok just give me a minute....thats it, got it....here we go....I think."

Kathra looks up and ahead at the goblins, then turns slightly, and looking at no-one in particular states simply "We never really liked chess did we?" whilst making a dismissive gesture with a flick of her wrist.

For a split second nothing happens, then a slight glow appears in the midst of the chess players on the board and then explodes with force covering the surrounding area.

OOC: Fountain of Flame, Burst 1 centred on O87, see attacks & damage below, miss is still half damage, and fire remains causing 5 damage to any enemy that enters or ends their turn within it.

OOC: 3rd roll should have been O86

OOC: GM: I could do with knowing who is still up and fighting before I decide what to do with other actions - thanks

The Fountain of Flame engulfs the chess players, and their toast- or at least mostly toast, of the four Goblins- two are incinerated instantly, one is left nursing such severe wounds that the effect of Grim's Rave Swarm will see him dead soon. The last- Piggy was caught by the full force of the blast (critical) and will not be making much of an effort to do anything.

Is there anything else the strange Dwarf wishes to serve up?

New Map-

108 The Secret Door- Fountain of Flame

There's not many left...

What next of mighty Dwarven wielder of Magiks?

I've just spoken to Hairychin and his turn is finished- job done, so it's over to the Goblins.

Last edited:

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Goblin #3

"Aaaaarrgghhh!"

Pickwick feels the cold necrotic hand of death, courtesy of ongoing hurts from the Grim Dwarf.

Pickwick dies.

[sblock=Combat]

Encounter #4 Goblin Chess fanatics

Turn: 2

Initiative (* = Next to play)

18 Grim
17 Mardred
16 Kathra
15 Goblin #3
15 Goblin #5*
9 Goblin #9
6 Krogan
3 Cinara
2 Kazz

HP & Conditions

PCs
Cinara 29/29 Surges 10/6
Kazzagin 31/30 Surges 13/7
Krogan 34/34 Surges 10/3
Mardred 25/25 Surges 7/4
Grim 25/25 Surges 2/2 Invisible
Kathra 26/26 Surges 9/9

Monsters

Goblin #1- 49 HP damage taken- DEAD.
Goblin #2- 40 HP damage taken- DEAD.
Goblin #3- 32 HP damage taken- DEAD.
Goblin #4- 37 HP damage taken- DEAD.
Goblin #5- 28 HP damage taken- Bloodied. Prone.
Goblin #6- 26 HP damage taken- DEAD.
Goblin #7- 17 HP damage taken- DEAD.
Goblin #8- 25 HP damage taken- DEAD.
Goblin #9

Actions To Date

Turn #1 (Surprise)

Grim- Total Defence.

Mardred- Throw Dagger with CA Goblin #1- Hit 21 damage- Bloodied.

Kathra- Move L83.

Krogan- Charge with CA Goblin #1- Hit 28 damage- DEAD. Swift Charge with CA Goblin #6- Hit 26 damage- DEAD.

Kazz- Throwing Axe Goblin 2- Hit 7 damage.

Cinara- Charge Goblin #2- Hit 6 damage.

Turn #2

Grim- Move 86L. Swarm of Ravens Goblin #2- Hit 17 damage- Bloodied & Goblin #3- Hit 17 damage- Bloodied & Goblin #4- Hit 17 damage- Bloodied & Goblin #7- Hit 17 damage- DEAD. Grim Invisible N88.

Mardred- Ambush Strike L87. Thrown Dagger CA Goblin #8- Hit 25 damage- DEAD.

Kathra- Fountain of Flame Goblin #2- Miss 10 Fire damage- DEAD & Goblin #3- Miss 10 Fire damage & Goblin #4- Hit 20 Fire damage- DEAD & Goblin #5- Crit 28 Fire damage- Bloodied.

Goblin #3- 5 ongoing Necrotic damage- DEAD.

Goblin #5-

Goblin #9-

[/sblock]

Next time more excitement from Goblin #5- Piggy!

larryfinnjr

First Post

"What the? Who are!? How the?! ... Chess??? WHOAH!!!!"

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Goblin #5

Piggy tries desperately to drag himself out of the flames, the going is tough however and it doesn't help that he has third degree burns and skin is seemingly made from and extremely sticky translucent fluid.

Piggy makes it, and then lies in the corner- unarmed and broken- mewling like an infant, he poses no further threat to anyone.

[sblock=Combat]

18 Grim
17 Mardred
16 Kathra
9 Goblin #9*
6 Krogan
3 Cinara
2 Kazz

HP & Conditions

PCs
Cinara 29/29 Surges 10/6
Krogan 34/34 Surges 10/3
Mardred 25/25 Surges 7/4
Kathra 26/26 Surges 9/9

Monsters

Goblin #5- 28 HP damage taken- Bloodied. Prone. Non-combatant.
Goblin #9

Actions To Date

Turn #1 (Surprise)

Grim- Total Defence.

Kathra- Move L83.

Krogan- Charge with CA Goblin #1- Hit 28 damage- DEAD. Swift Charge with CA Goblin #6- Hit 26 damage- DEAD.

Turn #2

Grim- Move 86L. Swarm of Ravens Goblin #2- Hit 17 damage- Bloodied & Goblin #3- Hit 17 damage- Bloodied & Goblin #4- Hit 17 damage- Bloodied & Goblin #7- Hit 17 damage- DEAD. Grim Invisible N88.

Kathra- Fountain of Flame Goblin #2- Miss 10 Fire damage- DEAD & Goblin #3- Miss 10 Fire damage & Goblin #4- Hit 20 Fire damage- DEAD & Goblin #5- Crit 28 Fire damage- Bloodied.

Goblin #5- Crawl Q85. Cry.

Goblin #9-

[/sblock]

Next up Goblin #9- exciting times.

Last edited:

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Goblin #9

Lumpy, who has indeed put a little weight on but desperately dislikes his name- he's having real self-esteem issues, turns back from his watch- just in time to witness much of the destruction.

His mouth hangs open.

He backs away from the gibbering madness of Krogan and his friends, although stopping for a second when he smalles bar-b-q.

He thumps hard in to the back wall and begins screaming- alas none of the Dwarves are familiar with the Goblin language so it makes no sense.

Lumpy looks down, he's holding a loaded hand crossbow.

<Thung!>

A bolt flies straight for Krogan, embeds itself in Krogan's wrist, the Dwarf looks annoyed- he pulls the thing out with his teeth and spits it out...

Lumpy continues to scream...

[sblock=Combat]

18 Grim
17 Mardred
16 Kathra
9 Goblin #9
6 Krogan*
3 Cinara
2 Kazz

HP & Conditions

PCs
Cinara 29/29 Surges 10/6
Krogan 34/29 Surges 10/3
Mardred 25/25 Surges 7/4
Kathra 26/26 Surges 9/9

Monsters

Goblin #9

Actions To Date

Turn #1 (Surprise)

Grim- Total Defence.

Kathra- Move L83.

Turn #2

Goblin #9- Move M97. Hand Crossbow Krogan- Hit 5 damage.

Krogan-

Cinara-

Kazz-

[/sblock]

Next up, wouldn't you know it- Krogan, then Cinara, the Kazz.

And that was the first damage anyone has taken this encounter...

New Map-

http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contri...The+Secret+Door-+Lumpy+is+in+trouble.jpg.html

Last edited:

larryfinnjr

First Post
Cinara (pre-posting - I have my RL game in a few and will keep me occupied for a few hours)

Sure Krogan has the fleeing Lumpy under control, Cinara follows behind him, standing by just in case (run to M92, in range of a Healing Word if needed, ready Earthen Hail if a target comes into melee range).

To our newfound 'friend' she calls: "Speak, wizard, I've no time or patience for children. There is nothing but fear and death here in the Hold. Who are you? Whom do you serve?"

Ressurectah

First Post
Krogan

Krogan is thinking... screaming goblins being alive is never a good option...Turning his gaze at Lumpi, he begins building his momentum and embedding the axe in foul goblins gut....
OOC: moving to m93 ( taking a quick look to the south ) and then charging to Lumpi
(Did you count 2 temp Hp(rageblood vigor ), when you dealt dmg to me?)

OOC: Crap!

Last edited:

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Krogan is thinking... screaming goblins being alive is never a good option...Turning his gaze at Lumpi, he begins building his momentum and embedding the axe in foul goblins gut....
OOC: moving to m93 ( taking a quick look to the south ) and then charging to Lumpi
(Did you count 2 temp Hp(rageblood vigor ), when you dealt dmg to me?)

OOC: Crap!

GM: Rageblood sorted now- thanks.

Krogan stomps west, the little bastard dared to shoot him, stop and has a look to the south- a small alcove with an arrow slit, he hasn't got time to stop and take a proper look but... a stone corridor, nothing in it by the looks of things.

Krogan turns and face Lumpy, growls a bit and then charges, and slices at the Goblin- cutting it in two.

GM: Minion- but roll the damage just in case in future, I've seen less than 14 Hit, the Fire Beetles you fought in the first Encounter were AC13.

That's when Krogan looks right...

The room is an absolute mess, the walls of the shadowy chamber, lit by fat smoking candles, are hung with war trophies: broken weapons, punctured shields, and the scalps of defeated foes.

Fallen beams and rubble litter the floor, obscuring a high-backed throne at the rear of the room, atop which sits a beady eyed Goblin, the Boss.

The Goblin wears battered scale armour, and has a rusty heavy shield in his off hand, a nasty looking short sword in his other...

He eyes Krogan a moment before declaring- "Dinner is served!", in broken common.

And all that wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the four great wolf-like creatures that also turn to eye Krogan, jaws agape- salivating profusely, they too are ready for supper.

Krogan may be in trouble.

[sblock=Combat]

24 Wolf #1
24 Wolf #2
24 Wolf #3
24 Wolf #4
18 Grim
17 Mardred
16 Kathra
9 Goblin #9
6 Krogan*
3 Cinara
2 Kazz

HP & Conditions

PCs
Cinara 29/29 Surges 10/6
Krogan 34/31 Surges 10/3
Mardred 25/25 Surges 7/4
Kathra 26/26 Surges 9/9

Monsters

Goblin #9- 15 HP damage taken- DEAD.
Wolf #1-
Wolf #2-
Wolf #3-
Wolf #4-
Goblin Boss-

Actions To Date

Turn #1 (Surprise)

Grim- Total Defence.

Kathra- Move L83.

Turn #2

Goblin #9- Move M97. Hand Crossbow Krogan- Hit 5 damage.

Krogan- Move M93. Look south, it's an arrow slit. Charge Goblin #9- Hit 15 damage- DEAD.

Cinara-

Kazz-

[/sblock]

New Map-

110 The Goblin Boss- Krogan finds new friends to play with

Have fun!

Remove ads