The Four Lands - Divine Avengers

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Redford Thornrose

Incredibly fast reposte cuts brave Redford down and he drops back into the throng.

OOC: well, Harstard Dagarson, charge and kill their leader, I opened it up for you :)
OOC2: weapons that can be set against charge really should do double damage when charging (I mean what's the difference between longspear and lance? :\

OOC3: DM, how injured seems this guy (that is, if I attack again does he look like he might drop?) I cannot take another beating like this...that is what comes when I decide that DEX 18 is too much for halberd wielder and that STR is more important :(

Fortitude saves to save CON (1d20+6=23, 1d20+6=23, 1d20+6=24)

OOC4: woohoo, great rolls!! No CON loss. Which is good as I'm down to -3 HP.

Stabilization rolls (1d100=25, 1d100=11, 1d100=98, 1d100=61, 1d100=93, 1d100=86, 1d100=74)

OOC5: then again, some bad rolls, if unaided, Redford dies in seven rounds. This roll really should include CON modifier :)

Douane

First Post
Goric surveys the carnage around him and ponders for a moment whether the fear and doubt gripping the crowd were the result of the dark figure's doing or a sign that the higher echolons of the Church had been cooped up for too long in their presumably secure Valley. Nevertheless, the best he could do now was to put in some crowd control.

"Fight or protect your charges,"
his voice rings over the sounds of the clash as he tries to rally the indecisive. "Get the bishops out of there! Disperse once outside of the cathedral! The rest of you, coordinate your attacks! Let our foes feel the full might of the Church of Light, not of single believers!"

OoC: Don't know if Diplomacy is any good for that. Just in case: Rushed Diplomacy check (-10) (1d20+8=27) (Diplomacy +16, +2 from Wink Brooch, -10 for rushed attempt (full-round action)].
Any results from his Knowledge: Religion check? "Knowledge (Religion) (1d20+9=29) to check if this reminds him of anything from the Church history/teachings."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Redford saved?

OOC: I just realized that Redford attacks from reach (halberd). Can this factor reduce number of attacks or damage? I'm sorry, i'm not fluent in this part of the rules...

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Jessica struggles to reach the prelates side. If he is still breathing she will stablize him with a cure minor wounds. The smell of burning flesh presses on her senses....

If not breathing: [sblock] "He is dead you INHUMAN MURDERER!" her eyes blazing she will loft a ball of fire at the thing with a blade.

only to miss wildly! 2+4+1 = 7
Her eyes watch in horror as the errant spell drifts in slow motion into the crowd of believers
If collateral damage 7+1(feat) = 8
[/sblock]

OOC: Halberd is not a reach weapon, if it was, a 5' step would still allow a full attack.

Douane

First Post
Neurotic said:
OOC: I just realized that Redford attacks from reach (halberd). Can this factor reduce number of attacks or damage? I'm sorry, i'm not fluent in this part of the rules...
The one thing I see that could have prevented a bit of damage is that Redford could have afforded a MW Chainshirt which, together with his Dex, would have pushed his AC to 15 and therefore make the second attack miss. (You didn't apply the "nonmagical equipment costs 1/10" factor.) Don't know if J. Alexander is into that kind of retroactive changes, though.

I'll have Goric move up and try to heal Redford next round to actually contribute to the battle a bit.
:)

J. Alexander

First Post
Housekeeping

OCC:As i understand it you moved to attack the dark clad feature thus putting yourself in close quarters...so the reach would not have an effect on his ability to attack........No no retroactive equipment changes..sorry but there was almost a month to tweak the characters.......

FYI: Please refer to the posts describing this game....given your numbers there are going to be very very very few opponets any one, two or sometimes three are going tob e abel to take on without putting yourself in mortal danger.....the man just slew the prelate.....so his is not your run of the mill opponet.......

Waiting for everyone else to post for we move to the next round

Welcome Douan.....

Fenris

Adventurer
J. Alexander said:
OCC:As i understand it you moved to attack the dark clad feature thus putting yourself in close quarters...so the reach would not have an effect on his ability to attack........No no retroactive equipment changes..sorry but there was almost a month to tweak the characters.......

FYI: Please refer to the posts describing this game....given your numbers there are going to be very very very few opponets any one, two or sometimes three are going tob e abel to take on without putting yourself in mortal danger.....the man just slew the prelate.....so his is not your run of the mill opponet.......

Waiting for everyone else to post for we move to the next round

Welcome Douan.....

[sblock=JA]
JA,
It appears I forgot to assign what spells I have prepared for the day. Do you want me to:
A) Let me assign my spells (a bit after the fact, but I usually prepare a generic list)
B) You assign me spells
C) Tell me tough nuggets I get no spells.

Any of the above or any other solution works, doesn't chnage my actions, only influences my next ones

[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Bestor times his own rush forward to coincide with Harstard's, but approaches the dark form more cautiously. The warrior's bastard sword slashes through the air toward the foe...

AC23, HP 36/36
Initiative +1
Bastard Sword +7 (1d10+3/19-20)

JA, would you mind making the rolls for me this time around? Also, sorry for the slow posting. Between vacation, work and EN World running extremely slow for me, I've had a hard time getting caught up.

Remove ads