The Fourteenth Doctor is Here! | BBC Children in Need 2023 | Doctor Who

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I believe in the films are referenced in one episode of the new Doctor Who. So they are part of the continuity in a way.
Well, there are two--Dr. Who and the Daleks, and Dalek's Invasion of Earth 2150 AD. The first one is a remake of the original Hartnell Dalek story, The Daleks.

However, they changed the story to make the main character a human inventor whose name actually is "Dr. Who" who made a time machine in his shed, not a time lord, and he fights the Daleks with his family (two granddaughters and a niece) plus a couple of others.

I think other than the exterior appearance of the TARDIS and the design of the Daleks themselves, there's not much to link it to the TV continuity.

Last edited:

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I believe in the films are referenced in one episode of the new Doctor Who. So they are part of the continuity in a way.
I don't recall the movies being referenced in any TV episodes, but they are mentioned in the novelization of The Day of the Doctor, where they are treated as in-universe movies of the Doctor's exploits.

delericho

Legend
I don't recall the movies being referenced in any TV episodes, but they are mentioned in the novelization of The Day of the Doctor, where they are treated as in-universe movies of the Doctor's exploits.
I think Steven Moffat looked into including the posters for the films in UNIT headquarters for that episode, but there was a rights issue that prevented it from happening.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
For those wondering what we're talking about it's the 2009 special for Red Nose Day with Rowan Atkinson, Richard E Grant, Hugh Grant, Jonathan Pryce and Joanna Lumley.

Remove ads