The Fourteenth Doctor is Here! | BBC Children in Need 2023 | Doctor Who

JEB

Legend
Was it confirmed where the Fugitive Doctor is in the continuity?
Explicitly confirmed, no, but The Timeless Children very strongly suggests she's from somewhere between the "Morbius" Doctors and Hartnell's (no longer) First Doctor. Flux further makes it clear the Fugitive Doctor's time was at some point before Thirteen (since she relives the Fugitive Doctor's memories in one episode).

Zardnaar

Legend
member berries?

I do see your point that, he’s already got pressure as the first black real Doctor and now there’s more live pressure to measure up to his predecessor ...

Yup he's a good actor and new show runner/writing?

Show went down hill after Matt Smith left imho. Not Capaldi's or Jodi's fault.

Member berries.

GreyLord

Legend
No, HBOMax or whatever Warner's is calling it, still has the rights to 2005-2022 Who for another couple of years in the US. I am surprised it is still on there given how much of HBO's original programming got dumped from the service over the past year or two to stop paying residuals.
Wait, going back a minute...I'm confused here?

Doctor Who is going to be on Disney+

What about those who watch BBC...is it on Disney or BBC?

Is it on both?

What's the take here?

lxqueen

Explorer
Wait, going back a minute...I'm confused here?

Doctor Who is going to be on Disney+

What about those who watch BBC...is it on Disney or BBC?

Is it on both?

What's the take here?
BBC in the UK, Disney+ everywhere else on the same day. You won't see it on D+ in the UK, just on iPlayer.

Also Ireland is TBD for some reason (it wasn't mentioned in the D+ deal, but you can't get iPlayer there?)

Yup he's a good actor and new show runner/writing?

Show went down hill after Matt Smith left imho. Not Capaldi's or Jodi's fault.

Member berries.

I liked Capaldi and and Whittaker. I think there was still a lot of good writing in Capaldi's period, but it was somewhat hit or miss. By the second year of Whittaker's stint the writing was not working for me (but I still think she was a good Doctor). Capaldi, some of the writing notwithstanding, is my favorite. I will say while the writing was uneven for his seasons, I think he also had one of the best written episodes of the Nu Who era, Heaven Sent

Remove ads