The Fourteenth Doctor is Here! | BBC Children in Need 2023 | Doctor Who

FitzTheRuke

Legend
They have? Where? Prior to 13's regeneration, official statements were careful to only refer to Gatwa as the "next" Doctor, and not as the 14th. It is news to me that anyone on the production team has referenced him as the 14th.
Nah. Looks like I've just misremembered the press I've seen.

EDIT: AH! I see where I made the mistake: He's the Doctor for SEASON FOURTEEN. That's where I got the 14 from.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
They have? Where? Prior to 13's regeneration, official statements were careful to only refer to Gatwa as the "next" Doctor, and not as the 14th. It is news to me that anyone on the production team has referenced him as the 14th.
He has definitely been called the 15th Doctor, with Tennant named as the 14th. Quick Google showed me the article with quotes from the BBC and RTD:

Russel T Davies (showrunner) -- "The path to Ncuti’s 15th Doctor is laden with mystery, horror, robots, puppets, danger and fun."

A BBC article:

"Not only do we know that David Tennant is back as the 14th Doctor, but we already know who he will regenerate into, as Ncuti Gatwa will take over in the Tardis as the 15th Doctor from December 2023. Gatwa is the first black actor to play the Doctor for a full series and is the fourth Scottish actor in the role."

It's both.
That clarifies it. Has the shown incorporated more comedy lately? Haven't seen the last couple of seasons. I remember it having plenty of humor but that sequence stood out as more thoroughly committed to it (I could be misremembering the tone though)

Remove ads