• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Great d20 sell off begins with GRR

morbiczer

First Post
Big thanks for this thread!

I never would have learned about this sale otherwise. A pity that some of the items I would have liked to buy were alraedy gone, like the Medieval Player's Manual. But Testament was still vailable, I wanted to have that book for years now!

An advice to other overseas buyers: it is worth playing around with your order. even little changes ni the number of books you buy apparently can lead to big changes in the shipping costs. I had first chosen something like 14 books, which lead to a shipping cost of above 70 dollars. When I took out two adventures and two class books, the shipping fell to less than 40.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
I guess it's a mixed blessing for me; I would really would have liked those books, but right now I have something of an unexpected crisis for which I need as much money as possible, and so Paizo's 3 week delay means I can cancel it (hopefully, I sent an email asking them to).

I'm pretty angry and pissed off with Paizo's method of fulfilling orders at the moment.

I ordered my products from the Green Ronin sale on the 16th November. At some point after this Egyptian Adventures:Hamunaptra was put on backorder. When that came back in I was told that Crisis in Freeport, another item from that order, was now completely sold out so I missed out on getting a copy.

It turns out that, unlike other online gaming stores I order from, when you have to wait for an item on backorder Paizo does not reserve the other items that you have ordered. This means that other people can place orders weeks after yours and get a copy of a product while you miss out.

Why does Paizo decide who gets a copy based on whether or not their whole order can ship rather than the date and time the order was placed? Surely first in, first served is a much fairer way to treat customers.

And why isn't it made clear somewhere on the storefront that products won't be reserved for customers while they wait for backordered products to arrive? If I had known that products might sell out while I waited I might have just shipped my order, rather than run the risk of other products selling out in the meantime.

Just thought I would vent while at the same time warn anyone else that may be in a similar situation to me. :(

Olaf the Stout

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads