• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Heroes of Freedom: Issue One

Hammerhead

Explorer
The Alleyway Battle

Miles reaches forward to attempt to grapple Rant, his hand passing right through her illusionary blade barrier. She dodges backwards, barely avoiding his attack. The icy hero Wynter is now flying towards the battling pair, followed by a duplicate of Miles.

Initiative Count: Wynter 17, Rave 12, Miles 9. Miles rolls a 16 on grab attempt and misses.

The Fleeing Car

Sam and Jet rush towards the front of the bank after the fleeing Honda. Concentrating for a few seconds, the electric hero easily disengages the electric part of the engine. Shocked by this sudden turnabout, the driver loses control of his vehicle and crashes into a street lamp, totalling his car. Jet, with rapid leaping, quickly catches up to the accident and sees an airbag deployed and the man slumped over the dash, apparently unconscious. The front end of the car is crushed, and glass from the windshield is strewn about the sidewalk like candy.

Sam disables engine, man rolls a 1 and fails Drive check to maintain control of vehicle, crashes. Since it was a natural 1, I ruled it a particularily nasty collision. However, I'm not sure if a car would really crash if the electric part of its engine got turned off while in use. Everything I know about cars you could probably write on the back of a postage stamp in magic marker, so if anyone knows about this, please tell me.

E-Sea Bank

Rant begins to move slightly, apparently with no permanent harm despite the effects of the lightning bolt. Chloro's question remains unanswered, as neither Rant nor any of his thugs are in any condition to respond. The man with the camera frowns at the Mind Mistress and walks out of the bank as the heroes begin to hear the blaring police sirens as several squadcars drive towards the bank.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Hammerhead said:
The Alleyway Battle

Miles reaches forward to attempt to grapple Rant, his hand passing right through her illusionary blade barrier. She dodges backwards, barely avoiding his attack. The icy hero Wynter is now flying towards the battling pair, followed by a duplicate of Miles.

Initiative Count: Wynter 17, Rave 12, Miles 9. Miles rolls a 16 on grab attempt and misses.

Wynter will let loose a lethal blast of ice at Rant (half-action), then fly upwards to avoid any potential retaliation (half-action).

Hammerhead said:
The Fleeing Car

I'm not sure if a car would really crash if the electric part of its engine got turned off while in use. Everything I know about cars you could probably write on the back of a postage stamp in magic marker, so if anyone knows about this, please tell me.

OOC: My alternator went out on me on the drive home from work on Friday, so I've recently become acquainted this sort of thing. :p I was in stop and go traffic, and when the alternator conked out, I just sat there in traffic, not able to move. I'd assume that, had that happened while in motion, I would have coasted to a stop. I can imagine I might have been surprised enough to swerve dangerously, especially if I had rolled a one. ;) So, for this mook to crash like that works in my experience.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Alicia Emmrich/Mistress Mind

Mistress Mind frowns while she runs over to the cameraman. She speaks as she reaches out and touches his shoulder, “Sir, you’re a witness to a crime and I can’t allow you to leave with out giving a statement to the police.”

OOC: I’m going to try and use my Telepathy scanning his mind for his name, address, were he was about to go when he left, and if I have enough time to see if his mind knows anything about the murder I “witnessed”.

Hammerhead

Explorer
The Mysterious Man

The Mind Mistress makes contact with the photographer's mind, scanning it for information. She learns that he wants to get out of this place, and get away from you. She senses a fear in him, a fear of he and being found out. He's also hungry, and is looking forward to watching Walker, Texas Ranger tonight.

The mysterious man wants to relay the information he's learned about 'the subject' to a man he refers to as 'the boss.' Before she can learn more, the man's eyes narrow dangerously. With sheer anger and rage he forces you out of mind, backing away.

"Stay away you costumed freak. Do that again, and I'll make your life a living hell. Your little costume won't protect you either. We'll find out who you are, and..."

The man's angry ranting is interrupted as several police cars pull up, and uniformed officers holding firearms leap out, taking cover behind their squad cars and pointing them towards the bank.

OOC: Mind Mistress gets a result of 10 for her Telepathy check, allowing her to read the man's deeper thoughts. He then succeeds on his Will Save, forcing her to break contact.

Agamon

Adventurer
"Ah, the police are arriving, good," Chloro says aloud. He watches the exchange between the strangely dressed woman and the man with the camera. He moves forward, saying to Mind Mistress, confused, "Why does he react so? Does our foiling of the attempted robbery not please him?"

Tokiwong

First Post
Jet Li hops off the car, and sighs, and moves away from the car, "This sucks," he says aloud and walks towards the crowd, and tries to blend in, though fat chance of that happening...

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Alicia Emmrich/Mistress Mind

Mistress Mind snares at the “photographer” knowing with out a doubt that he is an evil man and frowns at the cops thinking, Damn’t if I only had more time, but I guess I do not.

“I don’t know who your subjects are but I will not be a lab rat for anyone!” She tries again to enter the “photographer’s” mind.

OOC: Mistress Mind is going to edit his mind so that everything he remembers about his subjects is wrong. If that’s to complex for the amount of time I have then I’ll think of something...

Hammerhead

Explorer
Rave's Defeat

Wynter flies towards the escaping Rave, unleashing a lethal blast of cold towards her opponenent. The agile superhuman is too busy defending herself from Shift to notice the attack, and it strikes her squarely in the side. She falls to the hard concrete alleyway, while bits of her clothing crack and break, made brittle from the extreme cold.

OOC: Wynter attacks, rolls a 22 and hits Rave; she fails her damage save, rolling a 15 and fails by ten. She is now disabled. The last of the bad guys has been defeated.

Police Arrival

"Who are you?" an older man demands through a megaphone. "We have the place surrounded, and the Freedom League is on its way! You cannot escape!"

Tokiwong

First Post
Jet tries to look innocent and blend with the crowd, as if that were possible, as he pulls his hat down to cover his face, "Please con't see me, please don'tsee me...." he mutters to himself.

Darth Ecks

First Post
Hammerhead said:
Rave's Defeat

Wynter flies towards the escaping Rave, unleashing a lethal blast of cold towards her opponenent. The agile superhuman is too busy defending herself from Shift to notice the attack, and it strikes her squarely in the side. She falls to the hard concrete alleyway, while bits of her clothing crack and break, made brittle from the extreme cold.

"I am going to bring her to the police." OOC: This is assuming Shift can hear the sirens at the front of the bank. Shift grabs Rave and teleports her to the front of the E-Sea bank.

OOC: Shift grabs Rave (half action) against a prone opponent and teleports her to the front of the bank (half action).

Remove ads