The Hive is Not Yet Dead.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Aeson said:
It has two video cards. I'd like to get another LCD monitor to plug into the second one.
I'm jealous. Paid close to $3,500 for my computer back in the day. Sure it was top of the line for almost two years, but today it is substandard.

[sblock=The Lowdown on my comp]
attachment.php
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Computer Stuff.JPG
    Computer Stuff.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 97

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I payed less than $1000 for mine. No monitor or I'm sure it would have been much more. With it goes most of my spending money for awhile.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Aeson said:
I payed less than $1000 for mine. No monitor or I'm sure it would have been much more. With it goes most of my spending money for awhile.
To be quite honest I need to start squirreling money away for next computer. 'm already sating to feel the age of my comp and it is annoying me.

Not sure, but maybe for my next comp a laptop will be fine.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I wanted to get a new one because I couldn't play Neverwinter Nights 2 on my old one. World of Warcraft was a little sluggish at times too.

I have a laptop also. It's good for getting online or working on things anywhere in the house or outside it.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
True enough considering how the US economy is/has been starting to crumble.
I know I'm already socking away everything I can save and considering future options. Right now things are being kept afloat artificially but I think within the next 2 to 3 years the bottom is going to drop out. Maybe sooner if we get any more big shocks in the short-term.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I know from personal experience that small business is really hurting right now. Prices will continue to rise and work will get harder to find.

Bront

The man with the probe
Hi hivers, long time, no see.

Reveille said:
I'm jealous. Paid close to $3,500 for my computer back in the day. Sure it was top of the line for almost two years, but today it is substandard.

[sblock=The Lowdown on my comp]
attachment.php
[/sblock]
I Hope that was more than 2 years ago. If that was 2 years ago, you got swindled out of a fortune. Tech wise, it looks closer to 3-4 years old for that price.

I build a PC for around $1200 just over 2 years go (Feb 2006) that still runs well enough that I can't justify upgrading (Can probably play any modern game out today with little problem if I don't mind turning down a setting or two). I don't PC game enough to justify spending buku bucks on it, but I like having a high end home built PC. And my current machine plays Guild Wars just fine.

As for squirling away money (Saw your later post), you can probably get something decient for around $1000 now if you don't mind building it yourself. Probably closer to $1200 if you need to buy an OS (and you probably do). Laptops have come down in price, but a gaming laptop is uber expensive. Laptops with video cards decient enough to play games made this year start around $1000-1200, depending on what else you want (Memory, HD space, CPU, all of which is more important for general use).

Last edited:

Remove ads