• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Hive is Not Yet Dead.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Relique du Madde said:
wow.. only 421 more posts until this hive thread is locked wooot!
And in all actuality, that might not happen. EnWorld 2.0 draws nearer and unless we hit 1000 posts by April 18th, yeah this hive might be shut. Considering the snails pace of posting taking place here, odds are that this hive will last.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
How the heck do you pronounce your handle anyway; ist it like 'relic' or 'rel-ique like unique'?

And is it prononunced 'da' or 'dew'?

And 'mad' or 'Mat-ty (as in a proper name)'?

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Hi! Anyone around? Hmph. I managed to poke Horacio to come here the other day but seems he didn't stay for long. Oh well. Maybe I'll go talk to him in his blog.

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Reveille said:
Exactly how hard is it to say hi to a woman? :confused:

That was the first thing I ever said to Mandy. ;)
You haven't talked about her in a while. I started to think things were over with her.

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Blackrat said:
Hi! Anyone around? Hmph. I managed to poke Horacio to come here the other day but seems he didn't stay for long. Oh well. Maybe I'll go talk to him in his blog.
I'm around for a few minutes because I can't go back to sleep.

Bront

The man with the probe
Reveille said:
When I do get a new machine, it won'nt be a top of the line machine as I have no need for one. Prolly be fine with 1 gig of RAM, I don't the machine to be so blazing fast that I won't be able to play MOO2 on it. Actually, I just might dip into my inheritance to get a new computer. Should have plenty left after buying an (new) HDTV. Of course, I'm not so sure, as I don't wat to spend a fortune on a sound system I'll never get to use the full potential of [bedroom].
You need 2 gig of ram.

My view of computers is this: You don't need top of the line, but going bottom of the line will cost you as well.

A good upper midrange machine is usually a good short term value in power, and long term value in viability and longevity. Every PC I've ever built barring one is still 100% functional beyond HD failure (and since this spans back to '97, it's an accomplishment). Now, one's been dismantled because, while vialble, it wasn't worth much from a usability standpoint (P2 300). The only one that had failure issues had the motherboard die after 2 years, and I had to swap it out.

Well, one I shorted out part of the board so the USB ports don't work right, but that was my bad, and that PC is still running as well.

This is a total of 5 different PCs. All pieced togeather. Usually the only upgrade being memory increases or HD additions, though I did replace the video card on one.

So, basically, don't skimp.

As for running MOO2, there are programs that can slow down your PC so you can play older games. However if you think a PC is going to be too fast, the answer is, even the slowest modern desktop PC will be too fast IF it's an issue for that game (And I don't think it is). I'd be more worried about software/hardware compatability.

Bront

The man with the probe
Aeson said:
Hiya Bront

I can't believe how quiet this place has gotten. :\ No monk, no women, no warlock. No wonder.
That's because my hive was the 1 true hive. All other threads are mere immitations.

Or we've been busy with other stuff (Other forums, guild wars, family, pron...)

Remove ads