The Invasion of Mori OOC [3.5][planar][PAUSED]

moritheil

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
Zaestian has Ghostly Grasp from Libris Mortis, this means he can pick up and use normally material items as if they had the ghost touch abiity. Regarding his equipment all of it is real and not ghostly copies of the originals.

So Zaestilan can pick up his sword which causes it to become incorporeal and when he releases it (or any other item) it become material again. Let me know if this isn't clear for you.

Thank you; I was wondering what I was missing. I will resolve this matter shortly.

moritheil

First Post
Okay, back. The thing with the oil is, people have to wade through it. I don't really think it helps to be capable of flight if only your head and shoulders are able to fit above the oil . . . though if you have a superior fly speed, you can certainly use that to get out of the oil faster or get to a place where it isn't so deep.

Voadam

Legend
Snargle has fiendish fire resistance five and a ring of fire resistance 20, so I'm not worried about anything that does 1d6 fire, unless the shrinking to small troll form removed all his powers. In which case I'll take the damage and charge ahead.

moritheil

First Post
Voadam said:
Snargle has fiendish fire resistance five and a ring of fire resistance 20, so I'm not worried about anything that does 1d6 fire, unless the shrinking to small troll form removed all his powers. In which case I'll take the damage and charge ahead.

Yeah, the thing is, fire damage is somewhat underwhelming unless you're immolated. RAW, it's sort of an all-or-nothing deal (10d6 or 1d6.) Now, if you stick around in the oil for a while, I'll rule that you're immolated . . .

(In Snargle's case, the ring of fire resistance 20 still works just fine.)

moritheil

First Post
Lord_Raven88:

[sblock]I've been thinking about the giant floating sword, and I can't get around how it supposedly threatens at 10-15' reach, RAW. It does not seem to me that you threaten as a Huge creature just for having a sword that is normally wielded by a Huge creature. I think you can threaten with it as per a Medium creature, and you can still split your attacks between two kobolds in this case.

Sorry to not bring this up instantly when you posted your original estimated range, but I waited to see if would make sense to me with time.[/sblock]

moritheil

First Post
Just a quick reminder, SG:

[sblock]Kaelvorr isn't possessing Kelteror's weapon right now. I have had a little trouble forgetting to keep track of that in the past, so I'm noting it here for my own use as much as yours. :p [/sblock]

Lord_Raven88

First Post
moritheil said:
Lord_Raven88:

[sblock]I've been thinking about the giant floating sword, and I can't get around how it supposedly threatens at 10-15' reach, RAW. It does not seem to me that you threaten as a Huge creature just for having a sword that is normally wielded by a Huge creature. I think you can threaten with it as per a Medium creature, and you can still split your attacks between two kobolds in this case.

Sorry to not bring this up instantly when you posted your original estimated range, but I waited to see if would make sense to me with time.[/sblock]
[sblock]I thought that because his longsword is now larger, that it would qualify as a reach weapon like polearms and such.

If a normal LS is about 4 feet then I'm assuming that a huge longsword would be 12 feet, since a huge creature has a reach of 15 feet they use there natural reach because it's greater. But when a medium sized creature uses a weapon with larger reach (i.e. Glaive) then they use that over their natural reach.

Anyway that's what I was meaning anyway, however you want to rule is fine by me[/sblock]

moritheil

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
[sblock]I thought that because his longsword is now larger, that it would qualify as a reach weapon like polearms and such.

If a normal LS is about 4 feet then I'm assuming that a huge longsword would be 12 feet, since a huge creature has a reach of 15 feet they use there natural reach because it's greater. But when a medium sized creature uses a weapon with larger reach (i.e. Glaive) then they use that over their natural reach.

Anyway that's what I was meaning anyway, however you want to rule is fine by me[/sblock]

[sblock]I appreciate your being open-minded about it. Reach weapons specify that they increase a character's reach. The sword, on the other hand, is not a reach weapon. Also, if we are to judge by the size of the sword itself, a sword sized for a Huge creature is (using the "two sizes smaller" rule of thumb) itself a Medium object . . . in this case, yes, you are wielding it, but I can't help but think of the parallels to a Medium animated object.[/sblock]

moritheil

First Post
Side note: I'm trying to avoid combat of the "and now you fight 100 low-level warriors" type, because all things considered, this is a side quest. :p That's not to say that it isn't important, of course - the information gathered and the choices made here will affect later developments.

Remove ads